[Phaser] Summer Love

Tom Atom

Summer Love is small infinite horizontal runner made in Phaser. That weird name comes from fact it should promote some summer music festival with this name.

Later in game there are spikes and if you pick heart, you can do additional in-air jump. Hero's animation was made with Spriter (tool for skeletal animations).

Game is controlled with space or left mouse button.

Play it here: https://www.gameeapp.com/game/kiBJvHa

Leto2.jpgLeto.jpg

Nice work. Solid little endless runner.

The art style works well and the colors are reminiscent of the summer mood.

I can't seem to understand when I am allowed a double jump and when not. In the beginning I am also picking up hearts but it does not let me double jump.

@Umz, @Goblet Ed thanks! You can make second jump while you are still in air when heart is picked. Once you touch ground, bonus is removed.

Animation of hearts and spikes was made with standard Phaser animation tools. Animation of hero was made with Spriter and is played with Spriter player for Phaser. Thing, I am most proud of in this game, is level generator. It generates endless level on the fly, with spikes, bonuses etc. and it does not look too random. Each backgroung layer is made of two sprites, that have both the same frame, but are fixed to camera and cropped to simulate scrolling. For player shadow I am casting ray from player's position down. If there is platform, I make shadow visible otherwise not visible.