Multiplayer Worms Armageddon HTML5

Ciarán

post-1-0-61669200-1364376232_thumb.jpg

Hi there, 

So for my final year project I decided to recreate Worms Armageddon in JavaScript (Well actually Typescript)

Would be great if some people could play it, as its still only beta and buggy, but getting there.

http://www.ciaranmccann.me/wormsjs/

Any comments and feedback would be very much appreciated

Edited by rich
Added screen shot

that's awesome :) happy to see someone else using TypeScript :)

just one suggestion : it'll be better if you use arrow keys instead of (or with) AWSD keys ... the reason is that for people withour QWERTY keyboards (like me) it's very hard to play with those keys whre arrow keys are the same in all keyboards.

Very well done indeed! I think you ought to collaborate with an artist and get your own graphics in there, before Team17 get arsey with you and request you take it down (which if this gets popular they could well do)

Thanks very much, yea it would be nice to get an artist on board, though I don't know any artist and there is quite a massive amount of sprites to do. 

Coolest thing I've seen for a while :o

Why wouldn't you make your own characters/weapons/levels in the future, instead of using Worms' assets? Just like Hedge Wars, it's basically the same gameplay, but with a different look.

Thanks :D Yea possibly if I can find an artist interested in doing them. Though I'm kinda done with the project for the moment as I have other projects/exams to complete. 

Nice one! I have bug with blinking terrain (sometimes it disapear for a long time).

I have come across the problem before on low end systems. The terrain draws from an offscreen canvas, which is massive and has caused some problems on iPad also. It only kinda works on the Nexus 7 due to a bottleneck with box2d. 

• 2 years later...