Sprites splitter : A simple tool to extract frames from a spriteSheet

Mar-1

Hello Everyone, 

I want to share with you my latest pet project, it is a tool to extract images from a spritesheet, it's called SpriteSplitter, all informations are in the github : https://github.com/bmarwane/spriteSplitter .

I don't know if i can put links to binaries on the forum but you will find in the repo page some pre compiled ones plus instructions on how to run the project yourself.

Instructions : 

1. Open the App and load a sprite
  2. Make sure that the top left pixel on your image represent an empty area, for example if the space between the frames in a sprite sheet is transparent, the top left sprite neet to be transparent, i will make this configurable some day, but feel free to fork the project and do it if you want.
  3. Select frames
  4. Save on Disk

Here is a screen capture of the app, the selected frames are overlayed with an ugly red ( will definitely change the color ) 

choose_frame.png?raw=true

I created this tool mainly as a learning experience, and also because the only tool that i know that do this is on windows ( see ASU ).

SpriteSplitter was created using ElectronJS, so the app is multi plateform, but i tested it only on mac and Linux, can any of you guys confirm to me that it's working on windows ? 

That's all folk, what do you think ? 

Thank you.

• 1 year later...