[WIP]Bubbleshooter - need feedback and suggestions

mazoku

Hi,

What's that made with?

Personally I like when the stuff like windows/buttons appears with some animations. When it just appears suddenly that looks a bit too rough.

Probably need an ability to swap bubbles between each other like it is in other bbl shooters.

1 hour ago, mazoku said:

Hi, this is made with Phaser http://phaser.io/

I want to ask you what do you mean with  "swap bubbles between each other"

Currently I think about what type of animations are good for the menus. As it is now its too simple and plain I know it.  

On the bottom player has two bubbles(one active and one next). Look any big bubble shooter you will see there is a way to swap them between each other.

I agree with Arseniy - the swap bubble feature is a common (and probably expected) feature + is a fairly easy thing to integrate while adding a useful strategic element for the player.

In terms of general game-play - you've got the basics all in there so now I would suggest you focus on the visual appeal - particularly with the background, UI and motion effects

Might be an idea to choose a consistent theme/style that dictates how your menu screens and in-game assets will look + and maybe consider some kind of character at the bottom throwing the bubbles and make the level progression feel more like a journey that players will want to come back to (Bubble Witch Saga is a great example of this)

I think the 'feel' could be greatly improved with some movement or sense of impact when bubbles land (eg. bubbles bounces when a new one hits or a ripple of movement when one pops)

In terms of functionality,  I'd prefer it if click + drag showed an aiming line then release fires the bubble (rather than just firing a bubble on click).  This is really useful for aiming the bounce off walls