Shipz.io - Battleship board game online [NEW]

Ousaf

I created shipz.io and did too much hard work to polish it, in hope that you like it : )
shipz.io is a remake of classic battleship game who's origin is from world war 1. Arrange your ships and get into battle. Your main goal is to sink all 10 ships of enemy before he sink yours. First one to sink all ships will win the battle.

Currently It's single player but I'm working on it's multiplayer version in which you'll be able to play with your friends or with any random person.

I really need your precious feedback so please take some time to give it.

THANKS FOR READING

after.PNG

shot2.PNG

shot3.PNG

Well made game, congratz.

* If you restart the game many times, some times there will be no sound

* You can't turn the ships in all directions, just 2

* I think would be nice to have a little white between ships and their tile border

* The game title is a link to the same page... is it really necessary?

Nice work Ousaf.

Here is some feedback:

• I really like how I can play really fast against the computer.
  • The game seems to work really well apart from the sound disappearing when I replay the game.
  • It would be really nice if the game could be played full-screen.
  • The game feels almost clinical because it has only three colors and is mostly line-art. I understand that this might be a clean style you're going for but I think it would go a long way if you had some proper artwork made by an artist. I think the game would attract much more players that way, especially once you add multiplayer.

Really interested where this is going, keep it up!

Sorry for late reply, I was busy in multiplayer feature. I just saw it today

Thanks to all for feedback :)

On 8/26/2016 at 9:38 AM, Otho said:

Well made game, congratz.

* If you restart the game many times, some times there will be no sound

* You can't turn the ships in all directions, just 2

* I think would be nice to have a little white between ships and their tile border

* The game title is a link to the same page... is it really necessary?

-Yes there is some minor bug in sound, I'll fix it

-only two orientations were needed, vertical and horizontal. So I find it good to rotate it in only 2 directions.

-You mean I should highlight adjacent tiles of ships? (That would be great, let me see what I can do..)

-I added link to title because the sites who'll embed my game, their visitor can click on title to come back to shipz.io home page.

On 8/27/2016 at 8:09 PM, Goblet Ed said:

Nice work Ousaf.

Here is some feedback:

• I really like how I can play really fast against the computer.
  • The game seems to work really well apart from the sound disappearing when I replay the game.
  • It would be really nice if the game could be played full-screen.
  • The game feels almost clinical because it has only three colors and is mostly line-art. I understand that this might be a clean style you're going for but I think it would go a long way if you had some proper artwork made by an artist. I think the game would attract much more players that way, especially once you add multiplayer.

Really interested where this is going, keep it up!

-Thanks you like that fast pace style

-I'm working on sound issue

-game is playable in full screen mode, but before I offer that feature I have to add high resolution graphics other wise It will seem blurry. shipz.io/index.html (full screen play).

-Great you liked my simple art :),  I'll surly update the graphics when multiplayer work will be end

current status of shipz.io is that the game is receiving lot's of traffic from Poland so that thing forced me to translate the game in Polish language :)

I'll try to keep you guys up to date with game here, thanks for your support

And don't forget that shipz.io is free to embed :)

<iframe src="http://shipz.io/index.html" width="800" height="533" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...