Any suggestions about node + websocket hosting?

AzraelTycka

Hello,

I'd like to ask you guys about your experience and for some advice.

I'm looking for some hosting which would allow me to run node.js app on the server side and allowed me to use websockets. I'm doing some screening know and I'd love to have some info from you guys to see what works for you the best?

It would be nice if the hosting also supported php + mysql, I'm not necessarily looking for a free hosting, I'll be moving a company website there as well because I'm not too happy with my current provider considering what I pay for it and what i get back from them.

Thank you for your advices.

Well your best bet would be you own server. I don't know what needs you have or where you want the server(what country).

I use mainly these 2 providers 

https://www.bhost.net

https://www.ovh.com

Ovh is the cheapest you're gonna find without it being a scam, and bhost is the best if you have high bandwidth needs but not much need of anything else.

edit:

You could also try out Firebase which is the new alternative to google drive hosting. I didn't have a chance to try it out tho, but seems promising.

Thank you a lot guys, I'll check everything the moment I get off work.

@symof: Yeh renting a server is certainly an option I'm currently considering. Right now I don't have any needs for large space or high bandwith with the stuff I currently have but I'm preparing an app which should be released after winter I expect quite a high number of connections. So currently I was just thinking about some chepaer hosting for now and then if a need arises moving to a server solution.

• 2 weeks later...