Question about PIXI sprites

trsh

Example:

https://jsfiddle.net/8du4erv2/2/

Things I don't understand

1) Why is the SUB bunny as big as first, because I haven't added w, h or scale for it?

2) Why is the SUB bunny positioned like that? Basic math tell's me X=200 (bunny pos.)  + X=10.5 (sub bunny), should be 210.5.

From watching in PIXI source, I see the reason is that parent matrix is added to Child. But, this makes really hard to work with nested sprites.

If I want the subBanny with default size, positioned in 10.5 in bunny, I would have to manually calculate dimension and position parameters,

so when matrix is added, it looks right? Shouldn't PIXI add parent matrix to child, only if The child already added to That parent... or something like that?

4 minutes ago, douglas said:

first, thank you because you've fixed that ssl issue i was blocked with phaser

second, seems like assets directly from github are working fine with pixi

then, i am trying to understand (to be edited if i find the problem :))

What?

28 minutes ago, trsh said:

1) Why is the SUB bunny as big as first, because I haven't added w, h or scale for it?

2) Why is the SUB bunny positioned like that? Basic math tell's me X=200 (bunny pos.)  + X=10.5 (sub bunny), should be 210.5.

When you set the width & height of a sprite, internally you are actually ARE changing it's scale. Thus, you have scaled the first bunny - and since the second bunny is a child of the first bunny, it will also get scaled.

Just now, themoonrat said:

When you set the width & height of a sprite, internally you are actually ARE changing it's scale. Thus, you have scaled the first bunny - and since the second bunny is a child of the first bunny, it will also get scaled.

I already wrote that my self. Can you comment on:

But, this makes really hard to work with nested sprites.

If I want the subBanny with default size, positioned in 10.5 in bunny, I would have to manually calculate dimension and position parameters,

so when matrix is added, it looks right? Shouldn't PIXI add parent matrix to child, only if The child already added to That parent... or something like that?

??

1 hour ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

Because "width" changes the scale. I had proposition about "size" variable that behaviour is different. It isnt accepted yet. Right now you have to use extra container that will be parent to both of these bunnies to solve that.

Noooooooooooooo! :))

So.. The architectural right now is a little bit off! Because some objects could be like 100% static, and they dont need Transformation (updateTransformation etc,) at all, still can have x,y,w,h and been drawn. 

Right now pixi calls updateTransform on every frame and object?