Evil Glitch a #Js13K entry

Agares

EvilGlitchLogo.jpg

Hello everybody!
I want to share with you the game I made this year for the #js13k jam, it's an stressing shoot 'em up where your objective is to survive much as possible.
It's my first time using fragment shaders in a game and I must to say that is not easy to start with, but at the end the results are amazing!

68747470733a2f2f7331302e706f7374696d672e

So if you want to play it you can find it in: http://js13kgames.com/entries/evil-glitch
Also as a requirement for the gamejam all code is opensource (https://github.com/agar3s/devil-glitches), there you can find links with the references I used for the game and people that helped me with feedback and support.

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, Rybar said:

Being a huge fan of neon twin-stick shooters in the vein of Geometry Wars, etc. I can say this game is top-notch addictive fun, and I'm thoroughly impressed with all the people managing to do a webGL game in 13k.  Awesome work sir. 

Thank you Rybar, it was a tons of work. webgl uses a lot of space in the code but it's worth it.

48 minutes ago, samme said:

For me WASD does nothing in fullscreen mode. :(

there are some issues related to webgl, it should be work ok in firefox, in chrome you need to check if webgl is enabled.
Btw if you can share your browser version and OS it could be useful to check what is happening.

On 18/9/2016 at 10:13 AM, lumoludo said:

Wow, that CRT shader is some fantastic work! The rest of the graphics and the mechanics also emulate the classics really well. Definitely gave me the same feeling as games like Robotron. =D

Fantastic work!

Thank you :D that was the idea and I like you feel that way.

• 8 months later...