Color Problem with Chrome (OSX) desktop browser

Befive.Info

Hello,

I recently found out that my game looks bright (sometimes too bright) only in the desktop Chrome browser (version 53) on OSX (El Capitan). Has anyone gotten similar problems? I checked up few of those Phaser bitmap examples (such as this one) but the examples do not apparently have the color difference issue.

I am afraid that I might be doing something wrong with the images or the script. Thank you very much for your advices on this matter in advance.

chromesafari.png

Left : Chrome / Right : Safari

P.S. I tried removing color profile from image or choosing different color profiles, which did not solve the problem.

Woah! Interesting. I literally ran into this just now. I was working on a project yesterday just fine, and I've open it up today with no changes and get the same issue.

Safari (this is correct, and it looks like this in Firefox too):

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 09.54.11.png

Chrome:

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 09.50.48.png

I wonder if Chrome updated and it's killed something. 

What exact version are you on? I'm using 53.0.2785.116 (64-bit) on OSX 10.11.15

@danhett 

My OSX Chrome version is Version 53.0.2785.116 (64-bit), which was atomically updated just yesterday. I can only remember that the issue has been there for at least 1~2 weeks.

Thank you very much for the info. Like you said using canvas prevents the color change from occurring. I do not find any apparent performance loss by using canvas for my game.

• 4 weeks later...