No more rotate on infiniteDistance

nittrus

I used to use  skybox.rotate(BABYLON.Axis.X, 1.0, BABYLON.Space.PIVOT) to rotate skybox, but now in 2.5-alpha it no longer works, BABYLON.Space is missing PIVOT and rotation doesn't work on mesh that is set infiniteDistance. :(

I don't want to resort to moving the skybox with the camera via code, is there a new way to approach this?

Thanks!

Hi Nittrus

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#10ZBDN#12

I couldn't reproduce the symptom... in the playground.  Lines 39-46 area... I tried all sorts of demented things and they all worked... including removing the BABYLON.Space.PIVOT part. Both .rotation and .rotate seem to work, even with skybox.infiniteDistance set true.

Can you adjust my playground to show the problem?  thx.

3 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Hi Nittrus

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#10ZBDN#12

I couldn't reproduce the symptom... in the playground.  Lines 39-46 area... I tried all sorts of demented things and they all worked... including removing the BABYLON.Space.PIVOT part. Both .rotation and .rotate seem to work, even with skybox.infiniteDistance set true.

Can you adjust my playground to show the problem?  thx.

Yeah someone removed PIVOT from  BABYLON.Space  in Babylon 2.5-alpha because when I type in the console it doesn't have it listed only LOCAL and GLOBAL.
However, I noticed without infiniteDistance set to true it rotates fine even with PIVOT set.

I'm not able to reproduce the issue either on the PG, this is so odd and annoying!

I'm just using:

skybox.rotation.z -= -0.00008;
skybox.position=scene.activeCamera.position;

in the renderloop now, that seems to work just fine, it's only one extra line of code, well actually, since I removed infiniteDistance, it's the same amount of code just about.
This issue seems to only be happening in the Node Webkit wrapper app I am developing inside, which is based off Chromium 54 so not sure why in Chrome it's fine but not in Node Webkit.. I'm just going to keep going as-is on this one, but if anyone has an idea I'm still going to monitor this post.

Cheers!