Prices for good games

mazoku

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the noob question, but when a company gets an exclusive license, what do they do with it? Is this license purchased by a portal so they could add to their mix of games, or bought by a small company like a dentist office that wants to put something interesting on their business website? Or maybe they wrap it in a mobile app and try to sell in the apps stores? If the license are going for $1k to $15k I imagine the people getting the license are (hopefully) making that money back in some form of business.

2 hours ago, vornay said:

Sorry for the noob question, but when a company gets an exclusive license, what do they do with it? Is this license purchased by a portal so they could add to their mix of games, or bought by a small company like a dentist office that wants to put something interesting on their business website? Or maybe they wrap it in a mobile app and try to sell in the apps stores? If the license are going for $1k to $15k I imagine the people getting the license are (hopefully) making that money back in some form of business.

I don't think that's a noob question.. Any of your assumptions are possible (except the dentist's one in my personal opinion) but mostly I believe it's made like by Famobi when they wrap your game and resell it as many time as it's possible in so many ways that they can. You're pretty right about that they need to make their money back and that's not bad as they give you a very nice amount of money for it.

However, I doubt that every game developer today can sell their game for $1K to $15K as the market is falling and the competition is great. So, you better stick to the top requirements that top publishers set to achieve such goal!)