winning screen and losing screen

pheaset

Maybe look into using Phaser states to handle navigating through your app. Your main state would be the breakout stuff, when you lose/win, navigate to the win state or the lose state and make sure there is some way (i.e. a button) for the user to navigate back to the game or a menu or intro state when they've finished viewing your super-awesome win/lose screen.

On 10/17/2016 at 0:44 PM, mattstyles said:

Maybe look into using Phaser states to handle navigating through your app. Your main state would be the breakout stuff, when you lose/win, navigate to the win state or the lose state and make sure there is some way (i.e. a button) for the user to navigate back to the game or a menu or intro state when they've finished viewing your super-awesome win/lose screen.

Yep I guess that would be a good idea.

Any advice on how to do that? Kinda new to the whole phaser and javascript scene

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a Phaser expert, I was hoping someone else would give pointers...

Try checking out the examples and searching the forum, should be enough info to get going.

I think the basics are that a state contains all the bits and pieces (variables, etc etc) that you need for that state, any shared variables and other stuff should be tacked on to the main Game object (or your own namespace object, or even just global, up to you), when you want to change state there is a function for that. States have lifecycle methods, the same ones you're used to, create, update etc, which can be leveraged to make things a little easier.

13 hours ago, mattstyles said:

I'm not a Phaser expert, I was hoping someone else would give pointers...

Try checking out the examples and searching the forum, should be enough info to get going.

I think the basics are that a state contains all the bits and pieces (variables, etc etc) that you need for that state, any shared variables and other stuff should be tacked on to the main Game object (or your own namespace object, or even just global, up to you), when you want to change state there is a function for that. States have lifecycle methods, the same ones you're used to, create, update etc, which can be leveraged to make things a little easier.

Ok thank you @mattstyles

Ill try that out now so