Chrome appers to have serious cache issues

dbawel

Hello,

I anyone else experiencing serious cache isues using the latest version of chrome? I work on my server and update fles quickly, and a month ago I coud refresh and any new changes would be updated as the chrome browser would reload the updated file. Then about a month ago (maybe two), I had to open a new tab to get chrome to load a same name script whic was updated. But as of last week, I now must clear my cache regardless to get chrome to release any previous same name assets or scripts. If anyone has a solution to this, I'd love to hear; or if you are also experiencing the same issue.

Thanks

DB

I won't pretend that I'm expeienced in web development. So I have very little experince in working in HTML. All I know is that the Chrome browser has had a dramatic change in how it deals with disposing of cached memory. I will look at @adam and @aWeirdo info, however, there is a serious problem with the Chrome browser which I wish I didn't have to take the steps in making every change to files of the sam name without clearing the cache - as I was able to do just a month ago.

Thank you both for advising in what I might use to overcome the problems I have using Chrome. But the Chrome browser has changed for my use in recent weeks, and I don't see many people online with these issues.

DB

Hello

i personally use a dev build version of chrome. so i can enable experimental features and play with. if i find time, which never happen, but its is good to know i could.

Was this on Friday ? Slow down the hole web, even i "feel" it in Europe

This is probably  not a help:
you can try to search for an issue here https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list e.g if i give cache as search request. it will put me 100 user report in the last 2 days. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Vousk-prod. -

I'm using both, as well as Android - but develop on PC. I've personally never seen such huge problems with memory in Chrome prior to the last update - especially on Windows. I and others must clear our cache in Chrome prior to loading any scenes and/or scripts which have been updated - as Chrome currently does not release memory - even if the browser is closed. I would use another browser, but the performance in Chrome provides a huge increase in fps for most scenes over other browsers. Compared to Firefox, I maintain an increase in fps using Chrome on Windows by as much as 40% - depending on the scene. But it's such a pain in the ass to continually force clearing my cache and opening a new tab.

DB