How does the future look for AngularJS?

Kathreen

I prefer Polymer. With browsers becoming more powerful by the day there is a growing trend towards "using the platform" instead of relying on front-end heavy frameworks like Angular. Polymer aims to do just that. It gets out of your way as a developer by leveraging powerful technologies within modern browsers; Custom Elements, Imports, Service Workers, HTTP/2 and more. 

What's ironic is that both Polymer and Angular were created by Google. A few years ago front-end heavy frameworks were the dominant force in Web Development and Google teams responded with their own framework in the form of Angular, however they also had the foresight to think ahead and create Polymer to take advantage of the new advances in the web platform. I think Google was hedging their bets on which one would win out; heavy front-end frameworks or new web architecture (Web 2.0). Over the last 2-4 years there has been a massive uptick in spec. adoption and implementation across all browser vendors (yes even Mircosoft although its still dragging its foot with the implementation of certain features). I'd wager to say that Angular (even Angular 2.0) will be facing a decline in use once Web 2.0 frameworks really start to catch on.

Here is a great video on what Polymer offers: