Debugging Tools

happy

Hi,

Does anyone have any good tools for debugging HTML5 game development? The Console in Chrome is alright, but doesn't show me that much.

I'm developing with LimeJS and Closure, and as my code base footprint increases, I'm finding debugging a little tricky.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, like Rich says, the Chrome debugging tools are far more powerful than they initially seem. Watch some of Google's tutorials on Chrome Tools and it will give you a better understanding. It took me a bit to get the hang of it as well.

I also go back and forth between Firebug in Firefox, but still prefer Chrome Tools. 

Take a look at some extensions offered within Chrome as well. I use a lot of them to parse JSON data and Restful APIs. Finding an extension that prevents the browser from caching while you are debugging is invaluable as well. 

Finding an extension that prevents the browser from caching while you are debugging is invaluable as well. 

There is a checkbox for this built in to the chrome dev tools.

Settings > General > Disable cache (while DevTools is open)