Can I use Babylon.js to build this kind of game?

pichayuth

Hi

I am new in this 3d field and I am looking for a right tools to build my dream game. I have read and seen some demos that use Babylon.js and I want to make sure that with Babylon.js I can make this game, so I want to ask all experts here, 
because I want to start right with the tools. I want to build a MMORPG game. Players can create their characters which is male or female. The players also can set
the body size of their characters such as height, muscle, arm and etc and these settings will be used to calculate the characters strength, agility and power, for example big guys have high power and small guys have high agility.
I want to know that with Babylon.js can I do all these things or do I have to use Blender or other libs to make a change of hero's size and setting.

Thank you in advance
Peace.

I'm wondering also how can we create avatar with Babylon.js.

Maybe having a base nude model (one for male, one for woman).

Changing the body precisely with morphing. (if you want only size, you can do mesh.scaling.y = 1.2; )

And put clothes adding mesh, change their color material or texture.

Then merge the clothes with the body to form one mesh (for performance) or not if we want to be able to take off clothes.

Next, save the data in a file.

Maybe someone has thought already about that or created an example.

Thank you for your answer NasimiAsl and Getzel.
So if I want to make a change to some parts of my character(nude model) for example this male character has bigger hands or smaller arms than the normal character ,but other part stay the same.
To make a specific changing to some parts of the mesh(not the whole mesh like mesh.saclling) this technique called "morphing". Am I understand it correctly ?

If you were feeling really froggy, you could come up with a base model, then you make different versions with variations pushed to their limit (same verts though) import all the meshs intp babylon and procedural create a new one that is a blend of all the meshs to what ever ratios you wanted...

but that's like a whole lotta scripting.

I think i saw someone do an example of a face with talking animations that was on the fly, so blend animations might already be possible and what I just said above is dumb...

13 hours ago, adam said:

You could use the new Bone.setScale function.

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1BZJVJ#27

Hi, Thank you Adam
I have followed and seen the demo.
I want to change my model dynamically just like the demo, but not 100% likes the demo.
In the demo, when I minimized the head to the lowest value, it looked likes the eyes pop out and the upper and lower arms can't be adjusted relatively to each other.

8 hours ago, Pryme8 said:

I think i saw someone do an example of a face with talking animations that was on the fly, so blend animations might already be possible and what I just said above is dumb...

Hi, and Thank you Pryme8
My first ideal is same like what you said. I thought of pre-creating all size of the body, but there can be many hundred to many thousand of models, so I thought maybe there is a better way.
I have tried to look for blend animation and I understood that it is the way we animate the object, but is it really change the model data ? because next time the user login I have to load that model with the setting.

Sorry, if I ask dump question. I am new here and I want to  know about Babylon.

@pichayuth-

No problem, simple to ceate an avatar module. The are no limitatons to what you are asking in webGL, and babylon.js provides all tools rewquired for your game - and much more. Look to the skys now, as I've founf very few limits to what I'm able to accomplish. And you'll find all the answers you need on this forum. if not, we build together.

dB

10 hours ago, pichayuth said:

In the demo, when I minimized the head to the lowest value, it looked likes the eyes pop out and the upper and lower arms can't be adjusted relatively to each other.

It sounds like you need to use the scaleChildren feature:

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1BZJVJ#30

Bone.setScale(scaleX, scaleY, scaleZ, scaleChildren);

23 hours ago, adam said:

It sounds like you need to use the scaleChildren feature:

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1BZJVJ#30

Bone.setScale(scaleX, scaleY, scaleZ, scaleChildren);

Thank you @adam for you suggestion.
Now ,I didn't know much about BONE and the function , but I will put it in my list with the morph technique.
I hope that now I am going in the right way.