Pixi render texture on polygon

jorgeliecer

• 1 month later...

Do you mean that the rectangular texture should be skewed and stretched to fit exactly into the bounds of the polygon? Or just that the polygon bounds should act as a clip region on the texture, which remains non-deformed? If you mean the second, simpler case, I got that to work in my p2Pixi example: https://github.com/TomWHall/p2Pixi But I don't know how to achieve the more complex case, if anyone else does I would love to know how too.

Hi,

I want to render a texture on this area, i do it using line to or polygon on graphics object, but sprites just offer me a square option. i need to change that (top, left), (top, right), (bottom, left), (bottom, right) in order to render a imagen inside it.

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-16%20at%203.11.0

Hi there! to Achieve this effect you would need to "pop the hood" on pixi and create a custom sprite.

You can then override the _renderWebGL and _renderCanvas and draw the sprite however you fancy. Will require some webGL knowledge to get that done mind :)

Let me know how you get on and I will help if I can!