[WIP] Minions within a Dungeon - Indie 2D lemmingslike game

s4m_ur4i

minions-within-a-dungeon-indiegame.jpg

Hello everyone,

Today I’d like to share my game with you: „Minions within a Dungeon“ - is a 2D lemmingslike with more modern mechanics; The game was entirely made in JS (HTML5) using phaserJS and nodeJS. I worked on it the last year and now I am serious about what you think!

You can visit the games website at: www.minions-dungeon.com; For development just follow me via twitter (@sam_vieten). So here’s some media and a youtube pre Alpha gameplay video. Any feedback and thoughts is highly appreciated!

you can now signup for a newsletter on http://minionswithinadungeon.com!

Minions within a Dungeon is under the TOP100 indiegames on IndieDB.
I would really appreciate if you drop a vote for 'Minions within a Dungeon' under the category puzzle:

http://www.indiedb.com/groups/2016-indie-of-the-year-awards/top100/#vote54682

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-11 um 04.36.06.png

>GAMEPLAY VIDEO (YOUTUBE<
Minions within a Dungeon - pre alpha gameplay

Gameplay
You are the Overlord "stubborn helmet" and you're guiding your minions through dungeons. The game connects on classic lemmings controls: Your Minions will walk from left to right. Once they collide, they will turn and walk in the other direction. You are in charge to drop items, that your minions can use. To Fall softly, avoid traps, jump, fly, mutate, levitate, eat enemies, rise from dead and much more!

*Update 5/12/2017*
During development there were a few gameplay tweaks. In "Minions within a Dungeon" the gameplay will change during levels. So in one you may be focused on control your minoins, on another you will try to build a dungeon pipeline with your minions, to collect and harvest materials. In another this could also be changed. Boss-Levels were made, so there will be more challenging gameplay :) I can't wait for you to try out in 2017.

There will be more updates when the game enters early access or got some crowdfunding.
Hope you like it!

cheers,

Sam

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-06 um 11.47.11.png

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-07 um 20.52.57.png

minions-within-a-dungeon-02.jpg

minions-within-a-dungeon-03.jpg

minions-within-a-dungeon-04.jpg

minions-within-a-dungeon-05.jpg

mwad_full-house.png

mwad_new-ui.png

mwad_logo.png

Edited by SamTheMighty
add new Logo (titlescreen to page topic)

Hey,

it will be available to linux, Mac and Windows. Not certain on which dist paltforms yet.
But I will get shure that most people can use the distribution platform they like.

Maybe there will a mobile version too but it's not planned for release.

At the moment I am thinking of crowdfunding to get the time for making it more the way players want it to be.
It's in development for a year now and took merely all of my free time of this year.

@ryanhm the games code will not be open sourced (as state of now). But if you are interested in a lemmingslike code;
~ I am already thinking on making a tutorial on this :) (for the basic lemmings mechanics).
~ Or another option: would be if it's crowdfunded (reaching a higher value),  to be open source the code to the community.

But I don't have thought about it that far and I will not make any promises at this time.

If you have questions or suggestions, I am really open to feedback on this :)

regards :)

@thefailtheory thanks you :) it means a lot to me!

Just to get things right for anyone: "Minions within a Dungeon" won't be a lemmings clone. It's an own type of gameplay and mechanics.
It is just: Some basics that are familiar with lemmings and you merely need a genre to describe a game and lemmings is fitting in here the most.

So this won't be "this awesome game" you played on the Amiga or DOS. This will ~~hopefully~~ an *awesome new game* you play on your linux, mac or windows machine :)
Right now I am working hard on the gameplay feeling to let the player feel like in control of a scuttling horde of minions all over the screen.

And yes: You can destroy some of the tiles and yes there will be fall mechanics like in lemmings. - the umbrella is also in! ;) But it won't be like in the lemming's: "scooping around in a level experience". That's not what the gameplay is intended to. I hope I get it right, since I don't want to make you hope for something that the game will not be.

I hope you understand this and are looking forward to an unique gameplay. That may be aligned to lemmings, but also got it's really own style. :)
There will be more gameplay videos before release and PLEASE: Ask me anything! Get yourself involved into the development I really appreciate it!
Share your ideas, thoughts, anything: you will be heard!

You can also contact me directly via twitter: @sam_vieten if you like to :) 

Wish you the best! And thanks for your feedback and comments!

- Sam

• 3 weeks later...

Small update: The website got a refresh. You can now all signup for a newsletter - no spam. You will only receive messages on release updates :)
and check out the new website, tell me if you miss something ;)

Minions within a Dungeon Website has following URLs:
http://minions-dungeon.com
http://minionswithinadungeon.com

Minions within a Dungeon is under the TOP100 indiegames on IndieDB.
I would really appreciate if you drop a vote for 'Minions within a Dungeon' under the category puzzle:

http://www.indiedb.com/groups/2016-indie-of-the-year-awards/top100/#vote54682

:)

btw: PhaserJs is not listed on indieDB. @rich would you mind if I make an entry about it?

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-11 um 04.36.06.png