True Valhalla

"Claudio Souza Mattos" steals games for profit

55 posts in this topic

Today, one of my followers alerted me to a new account on the App Store where 13 of my commercial HTML5 games had been stolen, covered in ads, and credited to Claudio Souza Mattos. After submitting a DMCA takedown with Apple, I confronted the owner of the account.

Claudio told me: "There is a lot of codecanyon html 5 games better than yours.Your games are not top notch (just a few of them - put that in mind). --- The true fact is that you are ignorant, just face the facts. I already bought a lot of codecanyon stuff, chupamobile apps and unity games. --- Put a warning at your page stating that and i guarantee that you wont have problems with other people sharing your games...there tons of other developers that allow us to publish the games."

After removing the games, he said: "Show me where your games are at our site...otherwise, go to the beach, i guess it is afternoon in Australia right? Or Are You feeling lonely? Want to exchange more emails? Visit tinder and find a partner dude."

Claudio Souza Mattos, who used to work for IBM, has no respect for the content he is stealing and monetizing without permission. Since he has published a lot of games (update: most apps have now been removed, but he made new accounts & continues to steal games), I wanted to bring this matter to the attention of other developers in case he has stolen other games. Check the account link below and use the following contact information to remove your games if you find them.

Account linkhttps://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/giana-lucia-cardoso-mattos/id504038288 (named after his wife Giana)

Facebook account #1 (confirmed)https://www.facebook.com/vristhenewthing
Facebook account #2 (confirmed): https://www.facebook.com/claudiosouzamattos

LinkedIn profile (confirmed)https://br.linkedin.com/in/cmattos

Support website: funtasticstore.com
Support email: ravensincusa@gmail.com

Additionally, if someone steals your games in the future, please post a similar thread like this so that other developers can cross-reference it for their own games. This isn't the first time this has happened and it won't be the last.

Update: Claudio also masquerades as @Jacob Sam and @Geekiam on this forum and lies pathologically throughout the rest of this thread.

mmcs, magallanes, plicatibu and 5 others like this

Some people believe if games are on internet than it's free, and they can do anything with it... I see he mentioned codecanyon. He bought the games there, or just grabbed them from your site?

On 12/11/2016 at 6:33 PM, istvan89 said:

Some people believe if games are on internet than it's free, and they can do anything with it... I see he mentioned codecanyon. He bought the games there, or just grabbed them from your site?

It's probably a combination of stealing games and paying a few dollars for garbage on CodeCanyon. Although, who knows, maybe he is cheap enough to steal games from there too...

15 hours ago, WiLD11 said:

Glad that you posted that here, now his name is tainted forever. Really scummy :\ 

That is half my motivation for posting the topic. The only way to deal with people like this is to publicly call them out on their scummy behavior...

WiLD11 likes this

@True Valhalla By the links you provided I saw they are from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

If you tag them on Facebook, all their friends will be notified about the post.

If I were you I would write a post telling to everyone they are thief. So all his and her friends will see which kind of person they are.

Call attention for how good father and (specially mother) they are. What can we expect from their sons being raised by thieves.

I think they wouldn't like being embarrassed in front of their friends.

The only point is that the message should be in Brazilian Portuguese or else it wouldn't be effective.

Maybe you could pick their images from Facebook, join both in one image and write the text over it. Images are more prone to be shared ;)

I can translate the message for you. Just send me a PM with the text.

Regards.

PS: his profile's picture is perfect to be used as it has the couple and the child.

On 17/11/2016 at 3:04 AM, totor said:

What happens with the money they make with your games on the appstore?

Not much to be done...thankfully my games were only live for a few days, so the thief wouldn't have made more than a few dollars from them. I'm very grateful that I was notified about this so quickly.

We must start doing posts about code protection on HTML5 games.

One of the things we can do is to check the domain where the game is being loaded and stop it if from a place not authorized. Than, of course, minify and obfuscate the code.

True Valhalla likes this

On 11/15/2016 at 5:12 AM, True Valhalla said:

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I just don't want to stoop to their level.

It's unfortunate but that's the world we live in. I applaud you for sticking to your values.

17 hours ago, Zendrael said:

We must start doing posts about code protection on HTML5 games.

One of the things we can do is to check the domain where the game is being loaded and stop it if from a place not authorized. Than, of course, minify and obfuscate the code.

Of course we can use something like "this.game.net.getHostName()" or make the game call home. This however only works if he doesn't know much about coding and just slaps ads on.

Signed up to post that this user also stole our content (audio, video and textual copyright content) - and attempted to re-distribute it to the apple app store under his own name. Opened a trademark dispute with apple and contacted the developer. They basically told me that they can "do whatever they want and good luck proving anything." Then quickly took down the app but threatened to put it back up "whenever they want".

They tried to tell me then tell me I had no way to prove they did anything (because they took the app down). Then that they were in the right because anybody can copy content and make an app - and they have been doing it for a long time with no issues. They don't seem to understand, care about, or respect intellectual property and feel that because they have done it for a long time, and it's easy, and anybody can do it- that it is OK.

Emails received from:

contact@funtasticstore.com
ravensincusa@gmail.com

https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/giana-lucia-cardoso-mattos/id504038288

A little more investigation shows he is attempting to do this on a very large scale (Im guessing) with potentially hundreds of stolen apps and content across many platforms (amazon, audio sharing sites, google, apple).

Horrible.

True Valhalla likes this

I agree that he didn't do the right thing but look around.... so many people doing the same... By looking at the url, i see that this person hosts native games so he is not a newbie or it seems to have earn money only by copycat other apps.

And we also have the piracy.I bet that before accumulating money to buy a windows license or photoshop one, some of us have used a piracy tool.So i guess people probably sometime in their lives used a pirate tool even if today they have an expensive macbook with a lot of paid apps... If the guy is a stealer so some of us are.

So here is the thing!

In order to avoid this to repeat, If the app is active, ask apple to shutdown, apple will handle themselves if other people start complaining ... keep searching the net to find others doing the same (maybe he or she is not the only one) but you don't need to investigate his life forever. It seems that both of you are picking on him. 

Look at the google play and i can see a lot of Lara Adventures html5 game with different titles with the SAME SPRITES... isnt it a steal. 

Imagine if im going to worry about taken one by one.... Well, thats my point of view. I think and i agree that he did a bad thing but at least he has removed the app from the store.

Jacob.

Im not saying he is a victim True Valhala,he is wrong...im saying your picking up an specific person for scapegoat and i am saying that there is a lot of other doing the same...

Just let expose them here... ;ˆ)

40 minutes ago, True Valhalla said:

Are you actually serious? He is not the victim here!

Unbelievable.

Amazing. Just, wow. This reply is nearly exactly type of reply as the one I got from the developer who stole our content. DO NOT justify the actions of someone who stole over a decade of hard work from a team who has dedicated countless hours to development just because lots of people do it.

True Valhalla likes this

As i said idoser and true valhala...please keep the topic open but lets find others too doing the same... i see for example thousands of apps on google play with binaural sounds to help improve relax and so on... did you check them one by one if they are not ripping your content i-doser??? (i guess you own the nice site i-doser.com).

Have you checked these? https://play.google.com/store/search?q=binaural cocaine&c=apps

And this? https://play.google.com/store/search?q=binaural marihuana&c=apps

How about this? https://play.google.com/store/search?q=binaural&c=apps

It is amazing yeah...but it is the real world guys. At the end, we need to blame someone right? Obama, Killary, Claudio, whatever... a scapegoat responsible for all this mess.

Edited by Jacob Sam
Included links for demonstration

I see your point...so you want to pick a scapegoat here and blame for stealing your content and do not want to search for others...go ahead!

By the way how do you know for sure all the other content published by him on https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/giana-lucia-cardoso-mattos/id504038288 are stolen?

I see native apps in there... As i said, you both just picking a scapegoat however there are dozen out there...

I agree that is valid to point here the mistake he did, he is not the victim...but it seems that investigating his life is more fun right i-doser? You already know his wife lol...

Im starting to see some jealousy here on so how many content published... thats the point isnt it? Dont worry...other people will come here and say that he stole their content too. But let s open this discussion to check other "scapegoats" as well or "victims", as you told.

A suggestion for all of us: Put a Watermark in your work... so others can not steal so easy. For True Valhala...put advertisments or watermarks in your games, same for I-Doser...

Im not here to defend him... but check what Apple did... years ago there was a lot of flashlights on Appstore...Apple decided to "steal" the idea and incorporate it in their IOS 7 a native flashlight. How many developers became sad with Apple decision...a lot. These developers loose money and could not profit anymore.

So welcome to corporate greed... or individual greed, if you prefer lol...

There is a big difference between stealing ideas (which every game does) and copying everything in a game. I do not use IOS but I imagine apple did not just find some flashlight program on their store and decide to replicate every single detail.

vimino likes this