[SOLVED] - U3D - BabylonJS Game Editor Toolkit

MackeyK24

29 minutes ago, ragingclaw said:

you can do whatever you want to the animations once you make the animatable. In my case, I fed in all the objects animations, but I could have just sent 1 or 2 or whatever (there are 7 total in my case). Now that we have the animatable, a, we can do whatever we want withing the animatable class http://doc.babylonjs.com/classes/2.5/Animatable like restart(), start(), pause(), etc. We could even get rid of them and replace them with something else. The experiment was simply to see if I could get something animated along a spline and have control over it. In this case, all the animations are for position and rotations so it makes sense to loop through all of them together and not by index. Make sense?

@ragingclaw but do this works also with skeleton animations? , cause when I look for the animations mines are empty?? but if I run the this.scene.beginAnimation(skeletons[0], 200, 635, true, 1.0); then it works 

yes I think I get it, for example the way I was doing it is to import the mesh and get the skeleton to be animated from certain frame to another but I will look into this looks way easier to control .

1 hour ago, MrVR said:

@ragingclaw but do this works also with skeleton animations? , cause when I look for the animations mines are empty?? but if I run the this.scene.beginAnimation(skeletons[0], 200, 635, true, 1.0); then it works 

yes I think I get it, for example the way I was doing it is to import the mesh and get the skeleton to be animated from certain frame to another but I will look into this looks way easier to control .

I haven't done anything at all with skeletal animations in either unity or babylon, ive only ever rigged inside of cinema 4d, so im not much help here. I would assume the skeleton would be attached to a mesh but I have no idea.

• 1 year later...
On 11/12/2016 at 5:53 PM, MackeyK24 said:

Take a look at where I'm going with this and let me what you think. It is basically a heavily modified Babylon Unity Exporter :)

Demo Video Link

U3D - BabylonJS Game Editor Toolkit Quick Intro

Demo API Update

Warning: I tried to make it shorter, i took a deep breath and spoke as fast I could but it still took about 1 hour and 20 minutes. But the technical folks who are up to it and want to see how to use and how i put together a Manage Scene Component API with a light weight 'Unity-Style' life cycle with native babylon scene hooks for 'start, update and destroy' stages... Then this is for you :)

U3D - BabylonJS Scene Component API Intro

Note: I found the problem at the end of the video with the getSceneMarkup function. I had to move the controller.ready() to AFTER the scene.manager has been set. But you should still where i was going with that :)

thanks a lot... its very helpfull but my toolkit is old i think.. in my toolbar its babylon instead of babylonjs... where should i download it

52 minutes ago, MackeyK24 said:

Here is a video to help you get going

https://www.babylontoolkit.com/videos/GettingStarted.mp4

i saw this video thanks a lot .... it was very helpful

but there is some problem that i have 

1)i have to use unity Unity 2018.1.5f1 the other version when i use it the camera dosent work 

2)when i use typescript ... the other problem i have to change the code in babylon.d.ts 

interface VRLayer {
    leftBounds?: number[] | Float32Array;(instead of null)
    rightBounds?: number[] | Float32Array;
    source?: HTMLCanvasElement | null;
}

beacuse i had an error with null

3) i want to have a virtual reality camera and i want to teleport to a spesific place when i look at the target

var Camera = this.scene.activeCamera;

var pos: BABYLON.Vector3 = this.owner.position;
            this.owner.actionManager = new BABYLON.ActionManager(this.sence);
            this.owner.actionManager.registerAction(
           new BABYLON.ExecuteCodeAction({ trigger: BABYLON.ActionManager.OnPointerOverTrigger, parameter: this.owner },
            function () {
             Camera.position = new BABYLON.Vector3((pos.x) * -1, 2, (pos.z) * -1)
                    })
            )

i used this code to change the camera ....

but it work when i am not in VR camera ... at first i thought the event it dose not work true but the event its ok beacuse i can write something in console..

4) i know that its noot a good way to create my code in constructor .... but i dont know  where can i write my code ..... these code i wrote it in mesh constructer at event start

5)the toolkit thaz i used its exactly like from this video https://www.babylontoolkit.com/videos/GettingStarted.mp4

but your new babylon toolkit its diffrent... :( and it has some option that i dont have it in my version 

by the way i use windows 7

21 minutes ago, razieh said:

Unbenannt.png

Visual Studio Code is now NATIVE supported. The new toolkit removes the OLD VSCode.cs Plugin.

So Again... Try new toolkit with fresh project.... Then go change youe Code Editor To VSCode... If it is not listed... Use Browse Button to find on your hard disk... Once Unity Finds it the First Time... It Should Always Find it :)