[SOLVED] - U3D - BabylonJS Game Editor Toolkit

MackeyK24

Unbenannt.thumb.png.4ea0eba97aac3106a6596326cc23e296.png

hi @MackeyK24

i add both files that you changed it (  now for compiling typescript i dont have any problem ) but as i said :

1- i can work just with unity Unity 2018.1.5f1 (64-bit)

2- i have to attach a camera rig to main camera ( and set camera inpt to auto camera user input

3- i have to attach default sence controller to an objectin scene

Unbena111nnt.png

1 hour ago, razieh said:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.4ea0eba97aac3106a6596326cc23e296.png

hi @MackeyK24

i add both files that you changed it (  now for compiling typescript i dont have any problem ) but as i said :

1- i can work just with unity Unity 2018.1.5f1 (64-bit)

2- i have to attach a camera rig to main camera ( and set camera inpt to auto camera user input

3- i have to attach default sence controller to an objectin scene

Unbena111nnt.png

I dont get it... So can you make scene now ... (I dont know why you have to use a specific version of Unity... I use 2018.2.9f1)

But YES you have to attach a camera rig to MOVE ... Unless you write your own script to enable camera movement... Thats kind of the whole FEATURE part of the toolkit... you can now just attach a camera rig and enable a BUNCH of different camera stuff WITHOUT any code. so i dont see why you list that as a problem.

The same thing with the Default Scene Controller... That is there as a convenience ... So you can set up a bunch of SECNE level options WITHOUT any code.

Anyways... make a video showing me your exact problems and we can go from there :)

Hi,

I think the point of razieh is that the SampleScene could already contain a camera that can move in order to educate and impress newcomers. Some same idea with the scene controller.

Basically the SampleScene could show some of the features of the toolkit.

On my side, I tried to run the SampleScene with a Cube added to it, and this is what I get:

image.thumb.png.d09a533847b0e8485a613c8ec3392d46.png

it seems that the sky dome is not exported, is there an option that I did not checked?

7 hours ago, MackeyK24 said:

I dont get it... So can you make scene now ... (I dont know why you have to use a specific version of Unity... I use 2018.2.9f1)

But YES you have to attach a camera rig to MOVE ... Unless you write your own script to enable camera movement... Thats kind of the whole FEATURE part of the toolkit... you can now just attach a camera rig and enable a BUNCH of different camera stuff WITHOUT any code. so i dont see why you list that as a problem.

The same thing with the Default Scene Controller... That is there as a convenience ... So you can set up a bunch of SECNE level options WITHOUT any code.

Anyways... make a video showing me your exact problems and we can go from there :)

No it's not problem... I am very thanksful for your package ?⚘ 

But in your tutorial ... ( the video) you didn't use any camera rig and controller.. you just easily used it...

I was just so excited to know what  I did mistake .. 

And unfortunately I cannot see the stuff that you use in your new package and you explained it in your tutorial..

I found it very cool... for example you use a Windows for Babylon and you run your project in unity ... it was very interesting....

But my Babylon explorer is just like before ... and I don't have these cool options ....

I'm a learner, so I looked your videos and i was so excited to learn all thing you done in your videos... but it's for me so pitty that I don't have it?

So don't think so that, I just make a questions to learn more and more...

And I will be thanksfull if you answer my questions because it helps me to write my master these...?

I’ll make another video and try explain defaults better... technically you don’t need a default scene controller... if if does not find one... the toolkit will use the default options of a scene controller... buts it’s better to put one on the scene so you can easily see and get to those options...

i do not automatically attach input control on the main camera... mainly because you need to select what type of camera and what type of input you want to use... either moving camera with the scene manager api to update camera input or use the native Babylon attachCamera functionality 

i will try explain this  in another video... I got company visiting me in Maui. So when I get a chance ... I make a video for you

2 hours ago, MackeyK24 said:

I’ll make another video and try explain defaults better... technically you don’t need a default scene controller... if if does not find one... the toolkit will use the default options of a scene controller... buts it’s better to put one on the scene so you can easily see and get to those options...

i do not automatically attach input control on the main camera... mainly because you need to select what type of camera and what type of input you want to use... either moving camera with the scene manager api to update camera input or use the native Babylon attachCamera functionality 

i will try explain this  in another video... I got company visiting me in Maui. So when I get a chance ... I make a video for you

Thank you so so ? if it is possible for you ... Please explain something such as:

how can i Handel an event( gazing for example) on Unity .... i did it With actionmanager ... i will Make a Video And i will Show you tomorrow what i did.... beacuse my Camera teleporting Works when i don't Click on vr Button.

And if it's possible Please give me the package that i can use your new possibility in Unity such as a new babylon running Windows in unity?

I wish you the best...

And lots of success 

?

12 hours ago, Nodragem said:

Hi,

I think the point of razieh is that the SampleScene could already contain a camera that can move in order to educate and impress newcomers. Some same idea with the scene controller.

On my side, I tried to run the SampleScene with a Cube added to it, and this is what I get:

it seems that the sky dome is not exported, is there an option that I did not checked?

If Can... Please package up this project in a unity package and send to me... Let me look at what going on in the project :)

11 hours ago, Nodragem said:

So now, once I set up tsc and npm and try to rotate the cube as in the video here:

https://www.babylontoolkit.com/videos/GettingStarted.mp4

I get the error:

image.thumb.png.1cfa4de47ceac9171a00ab2ba26b4eac.png

Any idea what it could be?

If Can... Please package up this project in a unity package and send to me... Let me look at what going on in the project :)

8 hours ago, MackeyK24 said:

I don’t have a NEW toolkit. The current Toolkit is at version 3.3 Beta RC4

just re download that one ... make video showing me all your issues and I will try to address them

i made a video and i will show you through this video  what i did ....

Note: this video is made with Unity 2018.2.10f1 (64-bit) and the camera is not working i will create a new video in  Unity 2018.1.5f1 (64-bit) and i will show you that the camera works true

sorrybut it will show just 1 minute of my video :(

8 hours ago, MackeyK24 said:

I don’t have a NEW toolkit. The current Toolkit is at version 3.3 Beta RC4

just re download that one ... make video showing me all your issues and I will try to address them

this video is the way that i did it in Unity 2018.1.5f1 (64-bit) .... it works :)

but when i do it in another unity version it dosent work and i cant see the scene

i can just see the the brwon scen like the last video ....

but in unity 2018.1.5f1 (64-bit)  i can check the options in camera rig and make Vr button

when i download this package ..... i dont have the Vscode in preference ....

so i have to download both package that you chanched it in github....

at first i have to download

Babylon Editor Toolkit 2018-08.unitypackage (this package give me vsCode but i have error with typescript)

and then i have to download the other one

Babylon Editor Toolkit.unitypackage (this package slove the problem with typescript) :)

as you see my babylon is not babylon.js and and i just have the options from the old package .... :(

I want the options that you have and you explained it :(

Yo @razieh ... OK ... Lets try start this over... Forget about the the old Unity Editor and the Older Babylon Toolkit... Lets get your system working with the current stuff.

First... VSCode.cs is NOT used anymore... Yes we do lose some of the extra file types that the "Write Settings" does. But that really just makes a user hidden settings.json in the project root folder that has extra file types associated with it... If you really need those settings. Just make them yourself in VSCODE. Unity now has Built-in support to OPEN VSCODE projects natively. as "Visual Studio Code" not "code.cmd". So that where that is.

Second... You should not have to use a SPECIFIC OLDER version of Unity. So get the latest Unity and Babylon Toolkit (3.3 Beta RC4).

There might be an error listed in the JavaScript console to lead us as what the problem might be... So make scene and then open console and look for issues... Print screen any...

If you really want me to help you work this out... Hit me up by email ([email protected]) ... i will send you a GOTOMEETING invite and then you show me screen and we can debug this thing out together... Just contact me to setup a time to do a GOTOMEETING.

If not... lets start by seeing the BOTH console outputs (The Unity Editor Console Window and the Javascript Console) and we try and go from there :)

2 hours ago, MackeyK24 said:

Yo @razieh ... OK ... Lets try start this over... Forget about the the old Unity Editor and the Older Babylon Toolkit... Lets get your system working with the current stuff.

First... VSCode.cs is NOT used anymore... Yes we do lose some of the extra file types that the "Write Settings" does. But that really just makes a user hidden settings.json in the project root folder that has extra file types associated with it... If you really need those settings. Just make them yourself in VSCODE. Unity now has Built-in support to OPEN VSCODE projects natively. as "Visual Studio Code" not "code.cmd". So that where that is.

Second... You should not have to use a SPECIFIC OLDER version of Unity. So get the latest Unity and Babylon Toolkit (3.3 Beta RC4).

There might be an error listed in the JavaScript console to lead us as what the problem might be... So make scene and then open console and look for issues... Print screen any...

If you really want me to help you work this out... Hit me up by email ([email protected]) ... i will send you a GOTOMEETING invite and then you show me screen and we can debug this thing out together... Just contact me to setup a time to do a GOTOMEETING.

If not... lets start by seeing the BOTH console outputs (The Unity Editor Console Window and the Javascript Console) and we try and go from there :)

1-1.thumb.png.18e32d7886a68854bce47d21b6173a88.png

2-2.thumb.png.dea9e886e8b38200274489b04c225d22.png

3-3.thumb.png.53c4a2e4bb95c00bad9acff04cdbb001.png

4-4.thumb.png.11442acd75dba9061fdc233e8095b147.png

these are all of my messages in consoles... and i sent you an email tooo [email protected]

the messages in consol is the same as the message when i use unity 2018,1,5,1f.....

but  the new one its not working ...

On 9/27/2018 at 8:44 AM, Nodragem said:

Hi,

I found the issue... Is bug with the LATER Unity Editor Versions... Its seems when creating a new scene, Unity IS NOT setting the Main Camera Tag to "MainCamera".

The Main Camera MUST BE TAGGED. Unity should do this by default for the Main Camera in the scene... it used to for years.. Is a bug... Until they fix... Just Select your Main Camera and Change The Tag o "MainCamera"

Just to Clarify the Problems Folks are having with Camera and Skybox.

Apparently there is in bug in the newer Unity Editor Versions (Greater then 2018.1.xxx or whatever version @razieh was using) where is DOES NOT set the Main Camera Tag.

The main camera tag is required to ID which is the scene's Main Camera (including its SKYBOX option).

So make sure your Main Camera is setup properly:

1110418713_ScreenShot2018-10-02at1_27_26AM.png.deb390cbbc2496a267933aeeb015a534.png

As for movement... You will either need to attach your own script and move the camera or use the Camera Rig component and choose one of the Camera Input Options and the Scene Manager will handle moving the camera based on your Camera Type.

Hope that clears up everyone problems using the Newer Unity Editor Versions...

Just remember to check your Main Camera Setup until Unity Fixes that bug :)

1 hour ago, Nodragem said:

Mmmh... I wanted to try your solution, but since I re-opened the project, I get this error when try to run the Scene:

Unable to load from scenes/SampleScene.babylon: Error in onSuccess callback

Hey man I see you still have issues with this engine, I just download the last version of unity and put the exporter toolkit and  it's working for me as far as deploying one simple scene, let me know if I can be of any help  

Capture.JPG