dom-dom (WIP)

jlrueda

Screenshot from 2016-12-05 19-17-12.png

Hi. I just wanted to show here dom-dom (my first HTML5 game) with the hope you can give me your opinion and any recommendation you may have. The main idea behind dom-dom is to be a free, intuitive, agile and easy to play, secure and also a different on-line domino game option in the web.

At the moment dom-dom only works on desktop browsers, it requires requires Firefox 47+, Chrome 49+, Opera 41+ or Edge 14+. dom-dom uses web sockets for on-line playing and web-push notifications for sending messages (invitations) to onine players. dom-dom is supposed to be safe to SQL and LDAP injection, is Code injection safe, Cross Site Scripting safe and Cross Site Request Forgery safe. dom-dom uses Authentication, session management over TLS 1.2, HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) and Strict Content Security Policy 1.0 to improve app's security.

dom-dom uses web sockets for on-line playing and web-push notifications for sending messages (invitations) to onine players. dom-dom is supposed to be safe to SQL and LDAP injection, is Code injection safe, Cross Site Scripting safe and Cross Site Request Forgery safe. dom-dom uses Authentication, session management over TLS 1.2, HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) and Strict Content Security Policy 1.0 to improve app security.

You can try it here:

There is also a demo video here: 

Nice!

I have a suggestion.

• First thing is that the logo does not remind be of dominoes at all. Maybe add some domino pieces somewhere in there. Currently it made me think of HAL 9000 and his little brother. 
  • Second is the name. Dom Dom sounds a bit like "dumb dumb". The word "Dom" is literally "stupid" in Dutch. I don't know if you want to give such a connotation to your game name.
  • Some colors and UI designs could be improved
  • I tried playing the game and by browser froze for like 20 seconds before the game started. Once I could play a game the game froze at some point and I was not able to do a single thing.

Other than that it has potential. It seems to have a lot of features already, good work!

8 hours ago, Goblet Ed said:

Nice!

I have a suggestion.

• First thing is that the logo does not remind be of dominoes at all. Maybe add some domino pieces somewhere in there. Currently it made me think of HAL 9000 and his little brother. 
  • Second is the name. Dom Dom sounds a bit like "dumb dumb". The word "Dom" is literally "stupid" in Dutch. I don't know if you want to give such a connotation to your game name.
  • Some colors and UI designs could be improved
  • I tried playing the game and by browser froze for like 20 seconds before the game started. Once I could play a game the game froze at some point and I was not able to do a single thing.

Other than that it has potential. It seems to have a lot of features already, good work!

Great advise. Will see into this. Thanks for the advice. Can you please let me know the OS and Browser combination used?

Thanks. All the best