Temechon

Good bye Debug Layer, Hello Inspector !

36 posts in this topic

For those who are new to the built-in browser developer console, you can easily inspect objects by simply calling console.log(myObject).

Here you can modify the position of the sphere in realtime.

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#XXPKC

Press f12 and go to the console tab, and then inspect the sphere.  Find the position property and modify the values of it.

If you want to debug a playground, simply add the word "debugger" where you want your breakpoint to be and open the dev console and press run.  Then press f10 or f11 to step through your code.

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#XXPKC#1

edit: 

this was in response to:

8 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Anyway, I would love to see an object/mesh inspector... with insane amounts of power. 

to let users know there are currently ways to inspect objects even though it might not be in the BJS inspector.

jerome and Wingnut like this

Yep, good point, and well-said, Adam.  Plus, there's console.dir(someobject) which I recently learned-about, and that... is really something, too.  :)

jerome likes this

Great job, nice enhancement !

Is there a way to log all manual modifications which are made ? This could be allowing to easily patch a scene.

And another suggestion : include color picker for color values :)

Temechon likes this

New feature (PR waiting for approval) : Console tab !

With this new tab, you can have access to console output and Babylon logs (used with BABYLON.Tools.Log). 

jerome, adam and Wingnut like this

You can not see the picture, you have to have an account. And that requires our company name, the number of people, what you do and a lot of questions that I would do without to answer. I abandon my registration because too many questions.

I do not know where I am. I do not want to register, I do not feel concerned.

Why not display the image directly on the forum? This is not an image that should require an inscription. I do not understand.