Crates [Phaser]

Hsaka

It's basically a Phaser version of Space Is Key :) Which isn't a bad thing as that's an excellent game. Yours is brutally hard though! I mean I know the original is, but it took me around 40 lives to complete just level 4 and I gave up on level 5 because it was impossible to get the right jump most of the time - I think this is because she 'jumps' onto the platform - if she just rolled on and didn't jump on then it would be up to you when you jump, but as she jumps on I found that a lot of the time you're not left with enough room to jump again to clear the crate. Maybe just me though :)

Тhe game is cool! I didn't play Space is Key...

Several question:

1. As it use phaser is the collision of squares... cause I think i saw the "hero" to pass on edges like a circle a not like square

2. I reached level 8 with 398 deaths - and I still like it :D but on level 7 the first 2 platforms are hm... well when you hit right the first jump you just hold the up key for auto jumps and yuo pass

is this intended ... allthough the first "right" jump is a hell tough :)

3. I see the platform have different ground texture is it for helping determening right distance for jumps or just random cool. :)

p.s

I also added it to the Phaser game list.

edit:

Level 9 and deaths went to 865 I just started measuring the jump from the sound of death.... with 1 to 20 success ration the second floating crate is unbeatable for me... I surrender! :)

Hey Mike, thanks for playing and for adding it to the list!  :)

As it use phaser is the collision of squares

Yup, the hitbox is a square that's a little bit smaller than the player sprite to make it a tiny bit less difficult  ;)

is this intended

Yea that was intentional, blame the level designer  :P

I see the platform have different ground texture 

Just randomness

Don't give up!  ;)

I stopped at level 6. It is hard!

I liked this game. Sometimes it seems a little bit unfair, because it appears that the image was not colliding with the objects. But I enjoyed it. Have you ever thought about spacing out a little bit the obstacles and increasing the speed a little bit? More speed would give me more adrenaline and enjoyment, in my opinion.

I'll try and play it on a phone if I can. 

One note:

I couldn't pay attention to the texts when I was playing. I probably missed a few lines because it was hard to pay attention on both (and I didn't want to increase my death count trying to read :P)

(:

Hey Martiny, yea I wanted to increase the speed but unfortunately as hard as it is now on desktop, it's at least twice as hard on mobile  ;)

I couldn't pay attention to the texts when I was playing

Totally understandable, the text is not that important anyway  :)

Hi, after receiving lots of feedback from players, I've updated crates to make it a bit less frustrating (it's still hard though!)

screenshot3.png

• In some levels, crates have been shifted away from the starting points to allow players to size up the course before dying repeatedly  :P
  • You can now double jump. However, this is limited to once per tier in each level
  • The player leaves a trail so you can keep track of her movements and try to not make the same mistakes over and over
  • 8 new levels have been added, for a total of 18
  • The font has been changed to make it a bit more readable on tiny screens

Please let me know your thoughts!  :)