Skeleton Visibility: Turn on or Animation Won't Work

ProfessorF

So after 10+ years of using Maya, I decided to learn Blender since it's Free & Open Source (and what everyone here seems to be using).  It took me a couple of days to become proficient modeling, rigging, animating, unwrapping, & texturing a very simple robot.

But I ran into a problem: When I finally imported the Robot into Babylon, it didn't work! Kept crashing w/ no skeleton data.  

Solution: Turn on skeleton visibility in Blender.  <== I turned it off to make it easier to select faces.

This was tough to find. The animation worked fine in Blender.  I found it by accident when -- in frustration -- I decided to recreate vertex groups. It wouldn't let me select the skeleton because I had made it invisible.  

Switching to visible made the animation work in Babylon as well.

Hope this helps someone.

- Nick

The very simple robot:

BcOZBXACYAAu1vI.png

The Skeleton Visibility Option (upper-right panel, eyeball)

BcO0AOBCIAA16YN.png

In Babylon! (Babylon is GREAT)

BcOuMPUCMAEyQXi.png

No, thank you and your team.  I think Babylon.js is such a great technology -- a "disruptive technology" even -- that will create new markets for developers.  

haha I like it so much I'm going to use it in all my undergrad/grad classes next semester, both programming and marketing.  

I'm just trying to work out all the details before the semester starts at the end of January!  This is why the flurry of activity :-)