group.onDestroy.add - cannot pass arguments[SOLVED]

Igor Georgiev

Hey guys, I got a weird behavior from using the callback method on group.onDestroy:

this.playerCar = 'car1';
this.enemyCar = 'car2';
this.optionsGroup.onDestroy.add(this.currentTrack.createCars, this, 0, this.playerCar, this.enemyCar);

and what I get on the other side instead of 'car1' and 'car2', is: [object, object] and true. I even tried using: this.currentTrack.createCars.bind(this), but it does not help

Does anyone know why?

Phaser version 2.6.2

Edited by Igor Georgiev
Found solution

13 minutes ago, Igor Georgiev said:

Hey guys, I got a weird behavior from using the callback method on group.onDestroy:

this.playerCar = 'car1';
this.enemyCar = 'car2';
this.optionsGroup.onDestroy.add(this.currentTrack.createCars, this, 0, this.playerCar, this.enemyCar);

and what I get on the other side instead of 'car1' and 'car2', is: [object, object] and true. I even tried using: this.currentTrack.createCars.bind(this), but it does not help

Does anyone know why?

I just had an Idea, does it actually pass one argument with both objects in it as an array? So then on the callback, I have to accept one argument and this argument will be the 2 objects and I just have to extract them?

I also see in the debug, that actually the group is being passed as parameter. Why? What should the context be?

17 minutes ago, Igor Georgiev said:

I just had an Idea, does it actually pass one argument with both objects in it as an array? So then on the callback, I have to accept one argument and this argument will be the 2 objects and I just have to extract them?

I also see in the debug, that actually the group is being passed as parameter. Why? What should the context be?

Fixed it by using:

this.optionsGroup.onDestroy.add(function () {this.currentTrack.createCars(this.playerCar, this.enemyCar);}, this, 0);

But I believe this should not be the case. Something gets messed up in the add method. Anyway, for future readers - this is the way to go. Or maybe it will be fixed in the next versions :)