[WIP] Toast Factory! - Seeking control feedback.

FormalCloud

Greetings!
I am new to the community so let me first thank you allowing me to share with you, and you for taking the time to share with me!

I am currently experimenting with an HTML5 demo of a mobile game I have been working on and I am seeking feedback on the controls, as well as any other issues that may come up! (Like not working on some Firefoxes randomly for some reason! Argh!)

Name: Toast Factory!
Game Location: http://designby.cloud/wiptf/

Mechanics:
- Click and swipe in the correction direction to prepare 'toast' in the correct order. "Toast Toast Revolution Ninja" as some have called it. ;)
- You can swipe through multiple toasts at once! Be careful! 

Win Condition:
Highest score attempt. After 3 'toast failures' your game is over.

Known Issues:
- Releasing the mouse outside of the canvas causes the 'trail' to stick. Simply re-click to reset. Fix is in the works.

Notes:
- I am currently focusing on the swipe controls and collecting public data on browser/OS combinations. Any other feedback is of course always welcome.
- You can hit "M" on the keyboard to disable audio.

Here is a small gif of the 'game in action:
VQtXrpP.gif

Thank you very much for your time! Any questions about anything are more than welcome!

Nice effects and simple yet pleasant looking game!

I tried playing it and first thing I got confused by, even though I did the tutorial, is the direction I have to swipe to complete the dish. It is intuitive to slice the bread but why do I have to slice it when I am toasting it? I did not understand the order of it fast enough and this would be enough reason to stop trying after 4 resets. I played with mouse.

I think I found a bug when slicing it with the mouse from right to left. The slicing trail "sticks"  to the mouse while I am not holding it and it happened almost every time when I was slicing from right to left.

-

After trying it out a bit more I understood that instead of slicing it diagonally I have to slice to the right. Had to re-watch the tutorial. For some reason I thought to slice the bread I had to do it diagonally (felt intuitive to me because of how the sliced bread looked like as end result) Now it works much better than before!:D

Thank you for the feedback!

1) The 'bug' occurs when you come off the canvas. Since we're dealing with HTML5 here it's best to stay on the canvas. I have a fix for the sticky-ness issue but essentially, coming off will reset the swipe.

2) I will make sure to advance the tutorial with some more animations to show that you "toast up" and "spread butter left" and then "slice right." I appreciate the information on that.

I do appreciate you playing and giving me feedback thought! It sounds like performance wasn't much of an issue and that mostly getting the controls across to the player accurately and what they are doing needs more work.  

Thank you!