Fixing Bugs on a Simple Shooter Game

infinitim

Hi all... I'm programming a simple JS canvas game and I have a couple questions about two bugs I have noticed. I'll attach the game's code so you can play it and see visually what I am talking about.

The first bug, which you will definitely notice when you start moving around (use arrow keys), is that the player (green square) seems sort of fuzzy/compressed on the side that is on the direction they are travelling. This one I have absolutely no idea as to what is causing it, but it doesn't seem to happen on the enemies. If anyone has any ideas about what's causing that or how to fix it that I would love to know. 

The second one happens when you shoot (use WASD keys) while moving. The rocket (blue square - my graphics are stunning)  seems to make a curved triangle sort of shape (sort of hard to describe), like it is accounting for the movement of the player and when it exits the canvas it seems to be fully corrected as far as I can tell. I want it to instead shoot straight while my player continues onward in the direction they are going.    

If anyone can tell me what is causing these bugs and/or how to fix it that would be great! Thanks.

The files:

run.html

game.js