[Competition] MaEarth Browser/Android Game. Retro based overhead 2D tile based MMORPG.

Langerz82

GAME COMPETITION

On 1st August at exactly midnight UTC we will be doing a complete wipe of all users for a new update. The for the Users who reach to level 70 first we will be awarding them a cash prize via PayPal. Entrance is absolutely free.

1st. $100 USD

2nd and 3rd: $50 USD

You may play on a shared account however we will not be held responsible if items go missing etc. Cheating in-game will not be tolerated for this competition and fair play rules will be in-place. You may ask why we are running this competition. Well there is a couple reasons, for one we want to stress test the server under a higher load than just a few players. We also want people who have never played the game to get a feel for it and hopefully become long-term players.

If your not familiar with the game start playing now to get a feel for the mechanics, however the update may change a few things at our discretion. Happy gaming everyone!!

[Beta] MaEarth

Platforms: Browser/Android Game checkout Google Play Store .

Game Link: http://www.maearth.com

Description:

Retro-based overhead 2D tile based MMORPG. Original based off Browser Quest, the source of Airasky and Tap Tap Adventure. 

MaEarth puts you in a world full of monsters roaming the lands where users level up, quest by hunting specific monster and collect/buy weapons and armor. The PvP Server the monsters are stronger and you are pitted against the other side of players. It is weighted and auto selects which side you are on for balanced PvP play. 

Forums: http://maearth.com/forums

Will put up some Screenshots soon.

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVc71mr8WP4&t=27s

9 hours ago, True Valhalla said:

Is this identical to BrowserQuest? Some of the scenes definitely are.

The center town and most of the sprites are from BQ, the source has been modified allot. The renderer has for example been entirely re-written to enable scrolling at an optimal level by shifting the screen and renewing just the edges. Play BQ and you'll notice the major differences.

Thanks jensdj, will do. 

At the moment we are in desperate needs of sprite pixel artists, and some general art so we can replace NPC speech bubbles with an image and more dynamic quests. The PvP will eventually have towns and towers you have to defend but theres no point implementing it now until we get more players online. TapTapAdventure has decided to do things differently which is mainly why I defected, we will be focusing heavier on getting PvP working well rather than a strong single player game with quests.

• 5 months later...
On 25/01/2017 at 6:16 AM, Langerz82 said:

[Beta] MaEarth

Platforms: Browser/Android Game checkout Google Play Store .

Game Link: http://www.maearth.com

Description:

Retro-based overhead 2D tile based MMORPG. Original based off Browser Quest, the source of Airasky and Tap Tap Adventure. 

MaEarth puts you in a world full of monsters roaming the lands where users level up, quest by hunting specific monster and collect/buy weapons and armor. The PvP Server the monsters are stronger and you are pitted against the other side of players. It is weighted and auto selects which side you are on for balanced PvP play. 

Forums: http://maearth.com/forums

Will put up some Screenshots soon.

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVc71mr8WP4&t=27s

where are the graphics from

We have released a few updates since last post. Mainly the latency issues have been addressed and its a much more stable version. Give it a go it's currently free and in Beta.

@Jammy:

The graphics are from the original BrowserQuest (BQ) and Airasky's version. The graphics are only meant to be temporary until we can source some funds to re-do all the assets. We are in desperate need of talented pixel artists so we can expand on this game.

On 28-6-2017 at 11:07 AM, Langerz82 said:

Hello,

Try using the latest Chrome Browser. Firefox is not currently supported if that is what you used.

With all due respect but I am not going to install and download Chrome just so I can play your game. How can your game not support Firefox while BrowserQuest was made by Mozilla himself? I am not mad on you guys or something but this should be taken seriously. Like me there will be far more players who wont take the time to download Chrome. Not trying to demotivate you guys or push you but well yeah.. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. :)

10 hours ago, TheBoneJarmer said:

With all due respect but I am not going to install and download Chrome just so I can play your game. How can your game not support Firefox while BrowserQuest was made by Mozilla himself? I am not mad on you guys or something but this should be taken seriously. Like me there will be far more players who wont take the time to download Chrome. Not trying to demotivate you guys or push you but well yeah.. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. :)

atleast they didnt pick just Edge support lol

15 hours ago, Langerz82 said:

@TheBoneJarmer Hello, you are right that we should support a major browser like Firefox, however our focus has been getting the code stable before compatibility. We are in the position to get it working with Firefox so we will put it in priority.

@TheBoneJarmer Hello again, We have released a new version that has Firefox compatibility: Play MaEarth  . No guarantee in future compatibility might break if it does we will eventually get round to keeping up with Firefox.

GAME COMPETITION

On 1st August at exactly midnight UTC we will be doing a complete wipe of all users for a new update. The for the Users who reach to level 80 first we will be awarding them a cash prize via PayPal. Entrance is absolutely free.

1st. $100 USD

2nd and 3rd: $50 USD

You may play on a shared account however we will not be held responsible if items go missing etc. Cheating in-game will not be tolerated for this competition and fair play rules will be in-place. You may ask why we are running this competition. Well there is a couple reasons, for one we want to stress test the server under a higher load than just a few players. We also want people who have never played the game to get a feel for it and hopefully become long-term players.

If your not familiar with the game start playing now to get a feel for the mechanics, however the update may change a few things at our discretion. Happy gaming everyone!!

We have just had a major update.

THE LAG - FIXED

For one we think we have fixed the lag finally. It was due to all monsters walking around, we adjusted it so only elites and bosses walk around the rest have random spawns within there designated area.

PVP - FIXED

Now you can enter the PvP Area via the main house to the right of the starting spawn. In the map you will be able to attack players that spawn from the other side and there house. The house upon destruction will give +20% xp for half an hour and will re-spawn every half hour. 

PETS

Allot of people have been asking how do I tame the Monsters. There is an automatic chance a monster will become your pet upon its death. This also takes into account the player level so you cant tame high level Monsters. In future this may change to increase the chances of taming a high level Monster.

ARMOR AND WEAPONS

Both the Armors and Weapons Level increments have been adjusted to multiples of 4 instead of 2. This was adjusted primarily because we had a shortage of sprites for the archer and because Elites (+) and Bosses (king) drop from +1 to +8 gear. You can always use the Enchant NPC to improve your gear beyond that if you like the look of the gear.

REMINDER

We will be doing a complete wipe of the User data on August 1st UTC Midnight, and the competition to reach Level 80 first will take effect. The current XP Levels will not be adjusted and will remain the same. 1st Prize $100usd, 2nd and 3rd $50usd each. So what are you waiting for? get practicing.

Maearth supports chrome, firefox and Edge at http://www.maearth.com. You can also download it on Android Tabs and Phones at the Google Play Store. Maearth - Google Play Store. It's also available on Kongregate.

Bump. A reminder that the Competition starts in 2 days. It has been changed to the first person to lvl 70 from 1st August UTC at which point we will taking the server offline and performing a complete wipe so Users can have an equal chance at winning.