[WIP][Phaser] Rummy Card Game

AlgoGames

It's a pretty good card game, I like the piling and dealing animations at the start. :) The game is completely silent, are there no sound effects?

Also, I've never played Rummy, so I thought it could use a tutorial to get me going. I know there's a (i) with a help window, but still a tutorial just during the very first game to guide new players. I mean like a rectangle lighting up around the "active" areas or maybe flashing the word "Dealer", "Waste" or "Melds" different color. So when you have to take a card then "Dealer" and "Waste" flashes with an arrow downwards. After that "Waste" and "Melds" flashes with an arrow upwards. Something like that.

14 hours ago, BdR said:

It's a pretty good card game, I like the piling and dealing animations at the start. :) The game is completely silent, are there no sound effects?

Also, I've never played Rummy, so I thought it could use a tutorial to get me going. I know there's a (i) with a help window, but still a tutorial just during the very first game to guide new players. I mean like a rectangle lighting up around the "active" areas or maybe flashing the word "Dealer", "Waste" or "Melds" different color. So when you have to take a card then "Dealer" and "Waste" flashes with an arrow downwards. After that "Waste" and "Melds" flashes with an arrow upwards. Something like that.

Thanks BdR. Yes, there are no sound effects as of now. Though I do plan to add sound effects in future to all games which is in the backlog for now since right now I am onto writing another set of half dozen interesting card games which can be played against the bot.

Your idea of flashing is very good and a bit of help in the first game. I am going to implement both in the next version of this game (and other as well :)) once I am through with current set of bot games. Thanks much for playing. Very much appreciated. Please do report if you or anybody finds any issue.

• 7 months later...

Playing card games against a bot is good, but It does not give the satisfaction of defeating a real player in game. Why don’t you try cards game where players can play against each other? Rummy game with sound effect and chat option may set fire on the Rummy table. 

But such type of games where real players can play rummy need high slandered security and safety. Chance of cheating may increase when real players play a game against each other. 

I have played a game on RummyCircle.com, which is online portal to play rummy against real player. They have high slandered of security features. Their game has sound effects. They also offer Rummy learning tutorials on their site for beginners. 

Dear friend you can take inspiration from that game, and can prepare a game where real player can play a real game. 

B)