glTF Loader vs Babylon.js Generator

Adrian3D

Hello Babylon.js Community,

I am new to Babylon.js but very impressed by the framework so far. Nevertheless I would like to stay as much JS-framework agnostic as possible. Therefore I wish to use glTF as the data format so that I can (if required) switch to other frameworks and also take advantage of the many tools currently popping up (https://www.khronos.org/gltf) regarding this new format specially created for WebGL.

So first I wanted to create a custom build including the glTF-Loader and stable 2.5 version using the “Babylon.js Generator” (http://babylonjs.com/versionBuilder). But for some reason this doesn’t work.

Anyone can give me a hand? Any help is appreciated.

Hiya Adrian... welcome to the BJS forum... good to have you with us.  I don't have any answers or help, but I wanted to say hello.  :)

Can you elaborate on the version-builder failure? 

Did the version-builder complete the build?

If so, gITF loading failed using that build?

Can you get gITF loading to work AT ALL, in ANY version?

Give us many details, if possible.  Version-building is somewhat new to us, and could have some minor issues.  And, gITF loading is certainly new... to everyone.  :)  Keep in mind that gITF loader is an extension which probably needs to be included as a separate <script>.  See this

Let's ping BJS superstar @Luaacro and see if he has some advice, or wishes to monitor our thread..  He might be heavily-involved in the new gITF feature.  Stay tuned. :)

Hi Wingnut,

Thank you for your quick reply.

> . good to have you with us.
The pleasure is mine. : )

> Can you elaborate on the version-builder failure?
Sorry for not being more specific:
When I used the the Babylon.js Generator the day before yesterday, I got a “babylon.custom.js” as expected when hitting the “Generate”-button. But the download of this custom library js file never finished (same behavior in several browsers). Now it seems to work again and today it I was able to download my custom build and use it to load some *.gltf files.  So all is fine again. : )

Thank you for your help anyway.