[phaser] Snake Slider, puzzle game now in JS

BdR

I've finished porting my Snake Slider puzzle game using Phaser. :)

>> Snake Slider playable demo <<

It's a unique sliding puzzle game. The goal is to move the green snake to the exit. You can slide any snake by dragging them by their head or tail. Use as few moves as possible to earn all three coins. There also are apples and mushrooms that will make the snakes longer or shorter, blocks to push around and locks to unlock. The game also features hand-drawn graphics and multi-language support.

It's based on an older iPhone/Android game, this is the JavaScript version which is completely re-written. It's powered by Phaser and it's slightly improved compared to the older version; it has an animated tutorial hand, a visible cursor, sound effect when moving, and overall more animations (menus, buttons etc).

Let me know what you think. Can you can solve all levels? ;)

snakesliderjs_04.png

snakesliderjs_09.png

I really like all kinds of Snake-game and this is well done. I only played to level 6 but I may continue later. I did a Nibbler-with-puzzles in Flash many years ago: http://www.athleticarcade.com/agrowingboa/index.html It is very different from your game but one day I will make a sequel and I may find some inspiration in your game.

Your game reminded me a lot about certain levels from Chocolate Castle - a PC-downloadable that I played about ten years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind remarks everyone :) The keys and locks are not in the demo but only in the full game.

Btw the finger-pointing-hand, that gestures how you should move the snakes in the first levels, was a pretty good addition I think. It was added only at the end of developing as a visual tutorial. Before that there was only the speech bubble which explains everything, but I have a strong suspicion that almost no-one reads that.

On 3-2-2017 at 2:57 PM, Anders Athletic Design said:

I did a Nibbler-with-puzzles in Flash many years ago: http://www.athleticarcade.com/agrowingboa/index.html It is very different from your game but one day I will make a sequel and I may find some inspiration in your game.   

That's a very good Nibbler game, but in puzzle mode there is no button to go to the next level once you've completed it. Also, the first level is a bit too difficult. It's better to start with a ridiculously easy level, just so the player knows what the goal of the game is.

• 2 months later...

On 9/29/2017 I browsed the page using iPhone 10.3.3 (14G60) and iPad 10.3.3 (14G60).

No sound on  iPhone. Works great on iPad.

I'm writing because I have the same issue on my game (sound works on iPad but not on iPhone). Please verify my findings and let me know if you've found a fix or let me know if you want me to try something else.

Safari, Firefox, and Chrome work on iPad but not on iPhone. BUT... Brave and MiniOpera both work on both iPhone and iPad.

No issue at all on Android devices.

I am using the following:

Tone.js

StartAudioContext.js

Thanks!

• 1 year later...