Phaser Assets Licensing

erronius

Hi, first time posting here. I am working on a final project for a code school and I'm looking at using Phaser in my project. I understand Phaser itself is free and open source - my question is about the assets (pngs, textures, backgrounds, etc) that come with the examples. I am really not much of an artist, so I was wondering if it is permitted to use them in my project? I am happy to give credit. The project is not for commercial development - I'm not planning to sell it, if that matters. 

If this is against the license and that's not what those resources were provided for I totally understand. In that case, if anyone has suggestions for either an open-source "asset pack" that I could use, or a suggestion of a tutorial in a quick and dirty way to create some stuff on my own. Again, I am not very artistic and mainly want to focus on the coding aspects of the project I have taken on rather than spending a lot of time in mspaint making stuff that looks terrible (which would be my current fallback!).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

On 2017-02-05 at 3:42 AM, erronius said:

Hi, first time posting here. I am working on a final project for a code school and I'm looking at using Phaser in my project. I understand Phaser itself is free and open source - my question is about the assets (pngs, textures, backgrounds, etc) that come with the examples. I am really not much of an artist, so I was wondering if it is permitted to use them in my project? I am happy to give credit. The project is not for commercial development - I'm not planning to sell it, if that matters. 

If this is against the license and that's not what those resources were provided for I totally understand. In that case, if anyone has suggestions for either an open-source "asset pack" that I could use, or a suggestion of a tutorial in a quick and dirty way to create some stuff on my own. Again, I am not very artistic and mainly want to focus on the coding aspects of the project I have taken on rather than spending a lot of time in mspaint making stuff that looks terrible (which would be my current fallback!).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I don't know about the assets. I suppose it's free to use in your case but I let someone else answer that. But...

Have you ever checked out this site? http://opengameart.org/

You might find some really cool stuff to use. 

6 hours ago, jonteferm said:

I don't know about the assets. I suppose it's free to use in your case but I let someone else answer that. But...

Have you ever checked out this site? http://opengameart.org/

You might find some really cool stuff to use. 

I recently discovered that site and you're right, it is awesome! Thanks. (Some of the files in the Phaser examples/demos are from there).