A tribute to L.O.R.D. (bbs)

klylxmaster

It is my attempt at bringing to the "browser" world, Seth Ables Legend of the Red Dragon. while I have made a few browser version that were pretty much Identical - but never finished, I felt that it would be received better if I "expanded" on the game and write one from scratch, leaving intact, all that made the the game popular, but different enough to make it unique. not to mention legal - since (no surprise) this bbs game is still being sold and is NOT abandonware!! (written by a high-schooler back in the day - go figure!) 

Thus is born
LEGENDS!

So what will(is) different. For one, you will have to master all 3 classes (warrior, thief and mage) before you can challenge the dragon. The senior trainer will grant you a class change, once you best him. Keeping to the spirit of the game, I decided against the addons. However, I may "build-in" some of the more popular ones, however, LORD was originally a game for players to come and chat (and flirt), with combat and adventure on the side. This seemed to be forgotten with the coming of the newer versions released.

Secondly, and much more difficult, I got an idea from EVE ONLINE where that game was designed with tools for the players, and they made the world. Same for LEGENDS. While it is still on the drawing board, the game will be player driven, and not so much game driven. That is all I will say for now on that topic.

As of this year (), the game is 80% done, with a few things (listed below) still in the works.

• PVP not working 
  • Marriage not working
  • Skills not working

I am looking for a few people that can test it out, (game has been in the works for 4yrs, and has yet done a player wipe, so all is good. Need someone with either information, or detailed explanation on the marriage procedure for players, and for violet. 

Feel free to take a look and comment - bear in mind this is alpha-development, and much is not finished.

Also, important note: This game is using the original gameplay and design as a stepping stone, as time goes by, it will slowly morph into and entity all its own, while carrying on the spirit of its predecessor.

Early Access Testing

screenshots here (although this will not be the final page design) http://legendsbrowsergame.blogspot.com/p/screen-shots.html