Make Photos' Puzzles

MiniMindGames.com

Make Photos' Puzzles is a collection of classic picture/photo games (Sliding Tiles and Jigsaw puzzle) and a couple of more experimental game modes (Rolling Tiles and Color / Swatch / Palette puzzle).

PLAY LINK: Make Photos' Puzzles

WHY: The main idea is that players can make their own puzzles (or photo collections) for other players. That's why the game was named as Make Photos' Puzzles :) I believe user generated content will be one of the raising trends in gaming due to players really want to be part of something.

More details: The game was made with Phaser and web stuff with Jquery mobile, and all the photos come now from Unsplash.com. It has taken about one thousand hours and three iterations to make this game. The most important lesson I learned while making this game was that before you make a single line of code you really need to make sure and write down WHY.

sc-make.jpg

Thanks, I like about those too :)

I guess we will have more ways to monetize web games late in 2017. The reason is that big players like Google are betting on progressive web apps and there are new online gaming services such as Rovio's Hatch.io, and there is a real need to monetize online content. While waiting for that I will just make some more games.

Btw, you have really nice animations in your games!

5 hours ago, GameQuack.com said:

Btw, you have really nice animations in your games!

Thanks man! I just find them decent - to get them really good I have to invest about a month full time to properly perfect my skills - specially the Animator's Survival Kit which is like my bible when it comes to animation - but time is short so I use whatever skills I have.

I guess you can never be completely ready for anything in game dev (or in life) and you just have to use the tools you have at the moment. :)

5 hours ago, GameQuack.com said:

progressive web apps

I didn't even know this term, had to google it! Learning new things every day! :D