is it possible to tint a spritesheet

erich

It seems that the problem lies with PIXI - don't know if it was fixed yet. I think I tinkered with an animation with tint applied - not sure though - and it worked fine in 2.6.

Still changing the tint of a texture it's not the same as changing the hue in Photoshop and and it works best only with  completely white textures - tinting with green a green texture won't show a thing - so I would still rely on good old Photoshop. Also it looks like you can change the hue in Phaser  - googled it - but I think you would incur performance costs if you'd do this with a large number of sprites/images.

1 hour ago, scheffgames said:

It seems that the problem lies with PIXI - don't know if it was fixed yet. I think I tinkered with an animation with tint applied - not sure though - and it worked fine in 2.6.

Still changing the tint of a texture it's not the same as changing the hue in Photoshop and and it works best only with  completely white textures - tinting with green a green texture won't show a thing - so I would still rely on good old Photoshop. Also it looks like you can change the hue in Phaser  - googled it - but I think you would incur performance costs if you'd do this with a large number of sprites/images.

cheers @scheffgames !