Redact - Censorship Game

bwimsett

I've been working on a new type of word game called 'Redact' which involves removing letters from a sentence to reveal a hidden word.

Find the game here: http://www.redact.online

I went for a minimalist design with this as I felt it complemented the simplicity of the gameplay. Its designed to be played on a desktop/laptop computer, but working on mobile support!

Instructions can be found by clicking the question mark in the top left.

Let me know what you think!

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 23.18.41.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 23.21.02.png

5 hours ago, scheffgames said:

Interesting little game - I really like the concept. One thing that would improve the game IMO would be to not consider spaces as characters. 

Thanks for your response, was beginning to think no one would check it out! Good idea, I've now implemented that - I can see why requiring spaces to be removed would confuse people.

This is a really cool concept! I tried a few problems and got a final score of 33 :).

I feel like there's no reward when you get a problem right, maybe add a "Good job, you got one correct!" and show the player's score when they answer a question correctly.

You also might want to add functionality where users can submit their own questions to others.

9 hours ago, kevdude said:

I feel like there's no reward when you get a problem right, maybe add a "Good job, you got one correct!" and show the player's score when they answer a question correctly.

Thanks for your feedback :lol: It would be good to have some kind of benefit to the scoring system so the player gets more of a reward - but its really just a proof of concept at the moment! The score for each question is currently displayed next to the main score each time you click the censor button :)

9 hours ago, kevdude said:

You also might want to add functionality where users can submit their own questions to others.

I like the sound of this!