Camera collision detection

karpo

Hi,

I made this simple maze FPS game and it works fine but I have difficulties with the FreeCamera. The labyrinth is generated and made out of planes (walls). The idea was to throw the FPS camera to the maze and let the player character find a way out. The problem I have is the camera collision detection, probably. Most of the time when my poor badly lost character walks and hits the wall, it gets kind of stuck and then slowly pulled into the other side of the wall. The collision detection works sometimes though.

Are there any tips for making the camera collision better or idea what causes this behavior?

FYI The maze's walls are made of planes, all walls have a size of 1. At first it's kind of a grid and then I tear down the walls with an algorithm to make the cells available the player to move into. After generating a complete labyrinth I'm left with lots of planes where two planes are exactly in the same position. This is intentional. So other cell's wall (plane) against the another cell's wall. Just wondering - would this two meshes sharing the same position somehow confuse the collision detection?

-Karpo