Mr. Miner

Goblet Ed

Mr. Miner

5c20542fbb9b4b6fce64e027e4df209b.png

"Mr. Miner is a gold miner game in which you have to collect gold and other valuables. Invest your money in upgrades for your drill. Drill down to new levels with more gold and other treasures!"

GAME LINK: http://miner.fbrq.io/miner/index.html

6035b553ab4efc3bfe41c25e5878022a.png 024143617ee7d336bef52cb2154a048c.png 9216d43c93c91733d5fb1cb6841eb1a3.png

Mr. Miner was made with Phaser and has been one of our bigger projects. Feedback welcome. Always interested what other people and developers think.

Nice concept, liked the mechanics and graphics of the game.

A few suggestions:

- It would be nice to have a key when you start the game, saying what substances are worth how much money

- The upgrading seemed a bit slow and repetitive, maybe add more options as to what you can upgrade and possibly items that give you a sort of boost in the game. (500m headstarts, bigger claw, etc)

Also, there was a bug where the audio cut out when I started mining for the second time. Not sure if this is a bug in the game or just chrome, my computer, etc.

7 hours ago, kevdude said:

Nice concept, liked the mechanics and graphics of the game.

A few suggestions:

- It would be nice to have a key when you start the game, saying what substances are worth how much money

- The upgrading seemed a bit slow and repetitive, maybe add more options as to what you can upgrade and possibly items that give you a sort of boost in the game. (500m headstarts, bigger claw, etc)

Also, there was a bug where the audio cut out when I started mining for the second time. Not sure if this is a bug in the game or just chrome, my computer, etc.

We've added a small tutorial which bunched a few items into categories. Maybe it would've been better to add some sort of key or diagram legend on a separate page.

2 hours ago, ldd said:

I loved the concept, but the grind was too high. It remind me of a couple JRPGs for some reason...

xD

I always find it a challenge to properly balance a game is such a way that the content is not played through too fast but also not making it an endless grind. It is not a game you can finish in 10 minutes, that's for sure. :P

53 minutes ago, mattstyles said:

Looked great but I had a fairly serious bug where clicks were just missed in the main game screen, sometimes for several seconds before the mining 'arm' would fire.

Wow, we've never encountered a problem like that. Which browser did you use to play the game? Need to try and replicate your setup and see if we get the same.

Did you play it on a mobile device?

I was on Chrome on desktop, latest version, on OSX. I'll try it again and make sure it wasn't user error!

update: I was about to claim it was user error as I just had a great time playing your game, great fun, (although sound died on hitting the 2nd level), buuut, I can replicate my original bug!

Are you using a click handler?

Because if I click, drag, release then it no worky, presumably as that isn't a click event. I'm guessing the same would happen with touch, move, touchend. Fix should be simple to use mousedown/touchdown events instead I would guess.

2 hours ago, mattstyles said:

I was on Chrome on desktop, latest version, on OSX. I'll try it again and make sure it wasn't user error!

update: I was about to claim it was user error as I just had a great time playing your game, great fun, (although sound died on hitting the 2nd level), buuut, I can replicate my original bug!

Are you using a click handler?

Because if I click, drag, release then it no worky, presumably as that isn't a click event. I'm guessing the same would happen with touch, move, touchend. Fix should be simple to use mousedown/touchdown events instead I would guess.

Thanks a bunch Matt! We were kinda surprised that we did not notice this sooner. We have adjusted it so that the hook will fire on click/tap release. Going to push this fix after adding another small adjustment. :D