Candy Fall ( complete )

ScSupaplex

Interesting discussion. Getting the popcorn  :P

2. Flip Duck doesn't use the exact same gravity mechanics as Gravity Duck. Mine only has up-and-down gravity, whereas Gravity Duck also sends the gravity to the left and right. My game also has unique elements and secrets that are not ever seen in Gravity Duck. Anyone who plays the 2 games can see that they have a wide range of difference.

But how you know that, since you never played Gravity Duck until now?  :huh:

I'm the creator of Flip Duck.

I can tell you for a fact that it is no clone of Gravity Duck... and I'll explain why.

1. I had never played Gravity Duck, until now.

You do realize this means nothing, right? How would anyone besides you know if this is true?

Your trusting nature is saint-like. But I see you missed the reason I made this point... and that is because obviously you cannot clone a game unless you have either played it or seen someone else playing it. To affirm my statement once again, I hadn't ever played or seen anyone playing "Gravity Duck" before I designed my own game "Flip Duck".

I dunno, maybe the NSA can help you make sure I'm telling the truth on this particular point. :)

3. Gravity Duck is a flash game and uses arrow keys, and not finger controls. I created the control scheme myself.

You're arguing that your game can't be a clone because yours is an HTML5 game, and "Gravity Duck" is a Flash game? What kind of argument is that? And you also made your game work on a touch-screen instead of a keyboard, but I don't know why that would make it less of a clone either.

You're pushing me to the limit with this one. I never said that my game being an HTML5 game as opposed to a Flash game makes it not a clone... I was simply displaying that the Flash game you brought up makes use of keyboard buttons(specifically, arrow keys), and my game, being a mobile HTML5 creation, could never utilize such a control system(because only touch controls can work in mobile games). It is simply another layer of difference between my game and the game you mentioned, Gravity Duck.

2. Flip Duck doesn't use the exact same gravity mechanics as Gravity Duck. Mine only has up-and-down gravity, whereas Gravity Duck also sends the gravity to the left and right. My game also has unique elements and secrets that are not ever seen in Gravity Duck. Anyone who plays the 2 games can see that they have a wide range of difference.

This is the only real argument here. Sure, there are the few small differences that you mentioned, but the most important part is that they play differently. The gameplay and level design are different.

So while I do think you took inspiration from "Gravity Duck", I think your game is different enough to not be labeled as a clone or a rip-off (although, I personally think you could have made your game look a bit less similar).

One of my arguments passed your approval? I'm so flattered! :rolleyes:

I guess you have a right to call me dishonest and a liar. Regardless I am not backing down on the things that I've already told you. My game is not a clone and did not take "inspiration" from Gravity Duck either.

In regards to my game not looking different enough... I'm so sorry... next time I'll use my mental telepathy to detect whether or not someone else is making a game that uses the same elements my game has. After all, how can I be innocent when you can clearly see that I copied the oh so original idea of flipping gravity... we haven't seen that done a lot have we? Also a game featuring a bird, grass, and eggs... oh dear, did Gravity Duck clone Angry Birds? oh, dear me, dear my!

I can tell you for a fact that it is no clone of Gravity Duck... and I'll explain why.

3. Gravity Duck is a flash game and uses arrow keys, and not finger controls. I created the control scheme myself.

These are easily the worst 3 arguments in history! How old are you, btw?

Dude next time you clone, change the graphics/theme, it's so easy to do! Do a panda that collects leaves, for example. Flippy Panda!

To answer your question, I'm 3 years old... and if my age-finder device is correct, that means I'm older than you.

I wonder if everyone thinks it's mature of you to say that my reasons are "the worst 3 arguments in history!" and then give no explanation as to why you think so.

eUm0dJK.png

But how you know that, since you never played Gravity Duck until now? :huh:

Is this serious? Imnotreal provided a link on newgrounds to play the game "Gravity Duck" and I actually played it. I suggest you do the same, or you will not be up to the level of understanding that I am on.

Your trusting nature is saint-like. But I see you missed the reason I made this point... and that is because obviously you cannot clone a game unless you have either played it or seen someone else playing it. To affirm my statement once again, I hadn't ever played or seen anyone playing "Gravity Duck" before I designed my own game "Flip Duck".

I dunno, maybe the NSA can help you make sure I'm telling the truth on this particular point. :)

I'm pretty sure you missed my point. I can't possibly know what games you have or haven't played. Just because you say you hadn't played "Gravity Duck" before you made your game, it doesn't mean it's true. People lie.

You're pushing me to the limit with this one. I never said that my game being an HTML5 game as opposed to a Flash game makes it not a clone... I was simply displaying that the Flash game you brought up makes use of keyboard buttons(specifically, arrow keys), and my game, being a mobile HTML5 creation, could never utilize such a control system(because only touch controls can work in mobile games). It is simply another layer of difference between my game and the game you mentioned, Gravity Duck.

Again, this is not much of an argument. Your game just utilizes another way of input.

One of my arguments passed your approval? I'm so flattered!  :rolleyes:

I guess you have a right to call me dishonest and a liar. Regardless I am not backing down on the things that I've already told you. My game is not a clone and did not take "inspiration" from Gravity Duck either.

In regards to my game not looking different enough... I'm so sorry... next time I'll use my mental telepathy to detect whether or not someone else is making a game that uses the same elements my game has. After all, how can I be innocent when you can clearly see that I copied the oh so original idea of flipping gravity... we haven't seen that done a lot have we? Also a game featuring a bird, grass, and eggs... oh dear, did Gravity Duck clone Angry Birds? oh, dear me, dear my!

I never called you a liar or dishonest, or anything close to that. I never even called your game a clone - in fact, I did the exact opposite! I'm not really sure what you're arguing about here.

Edit 2: I was a little quick in my thinking here. I thought you meant that I had called you the actual word "liar" or "dishonest". And I think "liar" is a pretty heavy accuse, but I did imply that you were being dishonest.

You got me, I cloned a game made 22 years ago which is open source and widely distributed as shareware.

roll.gif

Yes, you did.

Edit: I just thought I'd mention to people who bother reading all of this. According to Wikipedia, it's not the original game that's open source and shareware, it's the clones of the game that are (link). 

I'm pretty sure you missed my point. I can't possibly know what games you have or haven't played. Just because you say you hadn't played "Gravity Duck" before you made your game, it doesn't mean it's true. People lie.

No, I didn't miss your point.

Again, this is not much of an argument. Your game just utilizes another way of input.

Yeah, it "just" utilizes another way of input... that's all. T_T

I get the impression you've never made any HTML5 games. You can't just take any flash or downloadable game and clone it for HTML5. Aside from optimization and speed problems, controls are a big issue and you have to figure out how to make games that can control with the use of a single finger.

I never called you a liar or dishonest, or anything close to that.

Oh, really?

So while I do think you took inspiration from "Gravity Duck", I think your game is...

It's quite clear that you think me to be a liar... you've stated it here in black and white and everyone can see it.

I do realize this thread has gone off-topic rather a bit. But I cannot simply sit by silently while people accuse me of cloning other people's games when I did not.

Here is why you HAD to have been inspired by Gravity Duck.

1. You copied the gravity flipping mechanics. This is a fairly counter intuitive game mechanic and though I don't know if Gravity Duck was the first to

pioneer it, this is a significant factor.

2. The games are named the same damn way Gravity Duck ... vs Flip Duck   both use the duck character and suggest the gravity flipping mechanic in the name. If you say both are co-incident you are saying you happened to both choose gravity flipping and a chose duck as your mascot.

3. Lastly it doesn't matter that you say you didn't see the game before (this is just hearsay). It doesnt matter that you slightly modified the game mechanics without really alterring it at at all (gravity only flips up and down). The similiarities between the gravity flipping, the duck character, the name similarities listed above, and the mechanic of chasing after eggs are too many too exact copies for this to be taken seriously as co-incident.

Now I have no moral authority over you and I don't believe mimicking game mechanics is stealing (we can talk more about this later). Where you transgress however is when YOU moralize other people where you have clearly commited the same "crimes".

Is this serious? Imnotreal provided a link on newgrounds to play the game "Gravity Duck" and I actually played it. I suggest you do the same, or you will not be up to the level of understanding that I am on.

Sorry. I said that because you said on first line "I had never played Gravity Duck, until now.", then on the second line you said as if you knew the game. Well, i suppose then you wrote the first line, then played the game, then wrote the second line...  :mellow: 

Where you transgress however is when YOU moralize other people where you have clearly commited the same "crimes".

I have to second that. This is clear as water. If I were you guys (orange08 and TV), humiliate my self now and apologize to the creator of the topic.

Orange08, for god's sake, the more you defend yourself, the more absurd you look! I don't believe you're over 15 of age.

It's a grid based platform gravity game, with character a duck that collects eggs on grass/mud tiles. You switch up/down gravity with a button, character can't jump, etc. The odds of such a coincidence are 1 to a trillion squared.

The gameplay is very similar to that of my game Aquaticwhich I assume you've taken inspiration from.

Ah, a match 3 game. It MUST be an Aquatic clone. Of course. So obvious.

Yes, too many to be a coincidence...and I know you've read my blogs and seen my work in the past. Anyway, in the future please come up with your ideas from scratch. Good luck with this one.

TV, you walk in and act like all your ideas are completely original and are from scratch. They're not. You didn't invent match 3 games. Also all your games are incredibly simple and not ground-breaking in any way. Also, if you could, I'd like to know which of the games on your website are made by you, and which are made by other people but published through you.

Yes i got inspired, same as you did many many times. 

My game is a bit more sophisticated, and visuals looks better as well. 

I have not copied your game, by the way, where did you get the background for Aquatic ? I would swear i've seen it somewhere before... 

I agree that the visuals are different. The mouse trail looks great. TV's graphics are smoother, but he didn't make them, so I don't know. I guess only the programming in Aquatic is by him. Being a simple match 3 game I don't think it would have been difficult or time consuming at all, hence the 24 hours.

Seriously, most of us in the HTML5 business are making incredibly simple games that someone with no programming experience at all could make within a year of starting, so I don't know why there is so much arguing about who made what idea first, when most have already been made years ago by someone else. It's pointless. If TV didn't come here and accuse him of copying him, I doubt it would have been mentioned at all, but that's TV for you.

Congrats on the great looking game, I hope this extra bit of publicity brought on by TV gets you a few extra plays. Keep at it!

I didn't, and still haven't.

Don't pretend you know me. You really don't.

Well one way or another you did your job, came to a topic that didnt belong to you, said not really nice stuff about the game, and only after some time edited one of your post saying "Good luck with this one". 

Thanks..

Also thanks for the publicity you brought here, few more posts and this will be most popular topic in this game showcase... 

Still, one way or another in the end, you basically came here and changed this whole topic about you and your games. 

I didn't, and still haven't.

Don't pretend you know me. You really don't.

You kind of did, and have...

dor5Z4x.png

Well one way or another you did your job, came to a topic that didnt belong to you, said not really nice stuff about the game, and only after some time edited one of your post saying "Good luck with this one". 

Thanks..

And he called ME the a-hole. 

Bw4okxn.png

'Information I publish' being calling me an a-hole in a personal message.

What is that, your attempt at reverse psycology? Please.

I didn't come here to "wreck" your topic, and it's far from my definition of wrecked. This is a discussion forum and I came into this thread to discuss.

You know why this topic is so much about me? Because you took one of my entirely original games, cloned it down to some minute details (OK, I've now said it), gave it a reskin, and then called it your own. Oh, and now you're going to try and sell it as well? Fantastic. And you want to talk about things that "don't belong to you"?

Now look, I honestly don't care. As I said in my very first post, at least it isn't a blatant clone. I wished you the best of luck. Everything from that point on has just been an interesting discussion to me.

The stuff i typed there, i meant it, this game would probably never reach even 100 views here... and now over 1000 ? Only thanks to you ? Well only thing i can say is thanks, i guess ? 

I never said you wrecked my topic, i said the topic is more about you than anything else. 

Well, yes now you've said it, that i copied your game, the game is still quite different from yours, quite alot. Even the timer thing, just a coincidence, where else should it be placed ? 

Its like saying that all the AAA games on PC like RTS or MMORPG games have copied UI because the health bar is on the top, or the action bar is on the bottom, well yes then it is copied in that case, because where else would it fit people to be ? On the top ? On the sides ? ... Fits down there as it should be. 

About copying, i still insist on what i've said, that i've got inspired by your game, but i did not copy it, and you clearly see the differences. 

Also, whenever new genre comes, what happens ? Others come and use it, "copy" it, and make a rivals. 

If blizzard never copied westwoods DUNE, we wouldnt have one of the greatest strategy game here, if some other companies never copied westwood AND blizzard we wouldnt have other awesome games, if blizzard never copied ultima we wouldnt have WoW.... and so on... 

This "copying" only breeds innovation instead of ruining business.. 

And yeah ,dont forget i wasnt the one arguing with you, never was, and still iam not. 

I dont even care if you copied some games, although i hate when people say one thing and do other, screw it, you didnt copy anything, let it be that way, but you sure got inspired over the time for some games.