Candy Fall ( complete )

ScSupaplex

I don't think it's too important. Just a 1-star rating on a forum profile. 

I agree about ratings not being important, however i'm really curious is TV really putting so much effort.

It could really be anyone, but I know for sure, my profile was unrated before this thread. It's really nonsense for anyone except TV or that 'orange' guy to do this.

Hey everyone.

After reading all of your replies and insults as you try, and make petty attempts to counter my purely logic-based posts... I am convinced that hardly any of you have experience with developing HTML5 games(other than the OP) and additionally I'd be surprised if any of you are older than 14.

I'm realizing now that arguing with you guys is like arguing with a little baby... it's useless, because babies do not have any sense of logic whatsoever(sorry, but it's true). :)

Here is why you HAD to have been inspired by Gravity Duck.

1. You copied the gravity flipping mechanics. This is a fairly counter intuitive game mechanic and though I don't know if Gravity Duck was the first to pioneer it, this is a significant factor.

Some of you have the audacity to say that flipping gravity is a super-original idea? Really? Were you just born yesterday?

I notice how none of you have addressed the fact that the most popular iOS app, Angry Birds also contains winged creatures and eggs, and grass. You have all missed the point. You cannot logically conclude from the mere fact that my game contains grass, eggs, a duck, and gravity flipping, that it is a clone of Gravity Duck. However, it is your right to partake in the incorrect opinion.

Ah, a match 3 game. It MUST be an Aquatic clone. Of course. So obvious.

I felt I had to point out here that it's a slight error to call Aquatic a match 3 game... because you only have to match 2 or more. That's a very minor point, though. ;)

Regardless of all of your completely baseless insults, I harbor no hard feelings from this discussion. I do not feel a need to seek approval from any children to say whether or not I cloned a game called Gravity Duck. Maybe some day when you are older, you will look back on this and realize how wrong you were.

I've enjoyed stating my case, because I know that I am correct in all of my standings.

However, I cannot be bothered to argue with any of you any more... because it would merely be an exercise in futility. If you want any more discussion from me, you'll have to wait until you're much, much older.

I wish I could thank you for your posts, but I cannot. Because you refuse to put anything truthful or of substance in them. This is the last post you will see from me on this topic, for the time being... I cannot be bothered to respond to completely unfounded accusations any longer. I am convinced that any bystanders with common sense who look at this discussion will see that I am in the right and it is you who are in the wrong. Goodbye.

-orange

I liked the part where orange08 addressed my previous point:

"It's a grid based platform gravity game, with character a duck that collects eggs on grass/mud tiles. You switch up/down gravity with a button, character can't jump, etc. The odds of such a coincidence are 1 to a trillion squared."

Anyway, next time you clone a game, use Pandas!

There was no point in arguing with him since the point I said it's getting ridiculous.

...additionally I'd be surprised if any of you are older than 14.
I'm realizing now that arguing with you guys is like arguing with a little baby... it's useless, because babies do not have any sense of logic whatsoever(sorry, but it's true).  :)

Ozdy said orange seems like a 15 yr old, he confirmed by mimicing the initial statement and calling us 14 yr olds. (14, not 15, subconsciously makes himself look older)

Some of you have the audacity to say that flipping gravity is a super-original idea? Really? Were you just born yesterday?
I notice how none of you have addressed the fact that the most popular iOS app, Angry Birds also contains winged creatures and eggs, and grass. You have all missed the point. You cannot logically conclude from the mere fact that my game contains grass, eggs, a duck, and gravity flipping, that it is a clone of Gravity Duck. However, it is your right to partake in the incorrect opinion.

Some BS again.

I felt I had to point out here that it's a slight error to call Aquatic a match 3 game... because you only have to match 2 or more. That's a very minor point, though. ;)

Made my day!

Well, I've just gone through and played all the games mentioned.

Sometimes games can be pretty similar by mere coincidence especially when they're a simple concept, so I'm not going to make a judgement either way simply from them only being very similar.

Although, if you took TV's game Aquatic, rotated it to portrait view, re-skinned the graphics, added in a few animations and sound, it could be exactly like Candy Fall.

If I were TV, I'd be very suspicious indeed. I'd also want to publicly raise my suspicions so that people could make their own judgement about the issue.

TV's initial post here was simply highlighting that similarity and while it was a little provocative, I don't think he deserves to be attacked for it. It's unfair to expect him to say nothing, or say it in a way that offends nobody (because there would have been no way for him to do that).

The attack on Flip Duck and orange08 is completely unjustified.

Yes Flip Duck is a game about a duck that collects eggs and can flip gravity and that in itself is very similar to Gravity Duck. Like Candy Fall, I wouldn't make a judgement on it simply from them being similar and I think it's very fair for people to highlight the similarities.

However, the way that the other things in Flip Duck are designed (the graphics, the control scheme, the other game mechanics, the level design) are all completely different and it doesn't even remotely seem like a clone of Gravity Duck to me.

By all means, have your own opinion on what you think, but before going and attacking somebody for cloning a game perhaps ask the original creator of the so-called 'cloned' game what they think about it first, and at least be open to the possibility that the similarities are merely coincidence.

It seems to me that orange08 is unfairly being attacked, in a topic that has nothing to do with him, for being associated with TV.

The age thing is nonsense. To attack people rather than their argument is to avoid having a rational discussion.

Sorry if any of you feel upset about my views on the subject. I wish you all the best.

well i tend to ignore people with a post account less then 5, but if you really played every game mentioned then you probally can feel how different Candy Fall is.

it first reminded me to aquatic but its quite different in play feeling, sometimes you only need to change a little thing and you get a totally different result (just bake cakes with salt instead of shugar...)

its really strange to compare two games cause of one simple mechanic. yeah nothing more then one damn mechanic...

instead of being cheered up cause someone got inspired by another game which is awesome, a few people insulting the OP which is quite sad. if you still insist arguing over that, sad life bro you rarely get happy.

well i tend to ignore people with a post account less then 5

To attack people rather than their argument is to avoid having a rational discussion.

Also, it's just not very nice to dismiss newbies.  :(

Sure TV could have been happy that somebody was inspired by his game, but that's his decision. If he is happy, great. If not, well that sucks. But he still has the right to openly talk about it no matter how he feels.

if you still insist arguing over that, sad life bro you rarely get happy.

It seems like you're trying to make me feel bad about not agreeing with you. It won't work, sorry.  B)

instead of being cheered up cause someone got inspired by another game which is awesome, a few people insulting the OP which is quite sad. if you still insist arguing over that, sad life bro you rarely get happy.

I'd probably be psyched to learn that someone has been inspired by my games enough to make a similar one. It's always interesting to be able to see the differences between two similar games, knowing what changes are better and what aren't. 

I'd just like to clarify that I never had a problem with Orange08's game flip-duck, and was not accusing him of cloning another game. 

Also, it's just not very nice to dismiss newbies.  :(

Sure TV could have been happy that somebody was inspired by his game, but that's his decision. If he is happy, great. If not, well that sucks. But he still has the right to openly talk about it no matter how he feels.

It seems like you're trying to make me feel bad about not agreeing with you. It won't work, sorry.  B)

well i only ignore newbies in certain cases when trolling could be possible.

and only the first part was adressed to you, the rest was more likely for whoever thinks i was talking to him (got you ;))

EDIT: well enough said, so much bitching around here. im out for the better :)

sorry for editing so much of the text afterwards, but maybe its better this way and also cause i wrongly hit the save button.

the whole problem came from guys that cant being friendly all over and respect the work of someone else.

If I were TV, I'd be very suspicious indeed. ...

TV ripped off 100% same gameplay, graphics, gui, same color scheme even Jezzball. He has no moral right to be suspicious of anything. I would understand him, if Aquatic was a very original idea or if Candy Fall really was a ripoff, but it's not. He is just showing double standards here - "Hey I can clone 100%, but you can't even have similar game mechanic like me"

Players hate written tutorials with more than a sentence per page.

Make a graphic one. Additionally, is there no sound, or it doesn't play on my side?

What kind of graphical tutorial for example ? 

And yes there is no sound, dumped the music that wasnt really for the game anyway, and since audio doesnt seem to work on safari and some android devices with chrome, i feel like its a waste right now to add audio to it. 

• 4 months later...

@ScSupaplex I have a quick question:

This may be personal but, is it possible you sold a license to Jeux Rouille (http://jeuxrouille.com/) ? Your game is there under "Sweet Fall" and not "Candy Fall". (http://jeuxrouille.com/sweet-fall/) I'm asking because I just spotted my game Meteor Madness on there and I've never signed a contract for my game. (It's only hosted/published on clay.io).

I'm hoping to clarify if they may have taken them without permission or if in my case, I've contacted Clay.io to know if it's something clay.io allows. Although they should ask me for permission before doing so right?

I'm new to the publisher-developer relations biz so any ideas on what to do would be greatly appreciated!

In any case, great game btw :)

@ScSupaplex I have a quick question:

This may be personal but, is it possible you sold a license to Jeux Rouille (http://jeuxrouille.com/) ? Your game is there under "Sweet Fall" and not "Candy Fall". (http://jeuxrouille.com/sweet-fall/) I'm asking because I just spotted my game Meteor Madness on there and I've never signed a contract for my game. (It's only hosted/published on clay.io).

I'm hoping to clarify if they may have taken them without permission or if in my case, I've contacted Clay.io to know if it's something clay.io allows. Although they should ask me for permission before doing so right?

I'm new to the publisher-developer relations biz so any ideas on what to do would be greatly appreciated!

In any case, great game btw :)

Hi, thanks for showing me this. 

I honestly dont remember selling them anything, unless they are under a larger publisher which they doesnt seem to be.

I've renamed the game to Sweet Fall some time ago, sold it to few publishers since then. However i believe i was sending out a newer version of the game, this seems outdated. This version however might be on clay.io , or FGL.

I dont know about this happening directly. 

Not to mention your case where its probably definitely taken from clay.io.

You're welcome.

I see. Well I spotted this by looking at the "view stats" ont he clay.io developer's section. A section of the analytics showed views from JeuxRouille so it must mean they're grabbing it from them.

I'll post again once I have more information on the subject :)

Thanks for your input!

No reply from clay.io but I contacted the owner of JeuxRouille directly.

I asked him if he had permission to host my game from Clay.io or not. I told him I was open to discussing a non-exclusive license but that In the meantime the game could not be on his portal without my permission.

He answered (we spoke in french):

Bonjour, je publie les jeux depuis clay.io. Pour cela j'utilise leur webservice JSON. Si votre jeux est sur mon site c'est qu'il est accessible depuis le webservice de Clay. 
Je vais le retirer d'ici 30 minutes, merci de m'avoir averti.

A couple of minutes later he wrote:

Le jeux n'est plus en ligne.

Pour le moment notre site ne fait pas assez d'audience pour nous permettre d'acheter des licences non exclusives.

Which translates to:

Hello, I publish the games through clay.io. To do this, I use their JSON webservice. If your game is on my site it means that it's accesible through Clay's webservice. I'll take it down in less than 30 minutes, thanks for notifying me,

The game is no longer online. For the moment, the site doesn't have a sufficient audience to allow us to buy non-exclusive lcienses

So now I'm kind of confused  :huh: Am I wrong in thinking/assuming that they need to ask for my permission since they also have ads running along side the games yet no "rev share" for us developers? Is this even legal?