Gustavgb

Hello there fellas,

I recently started making a new little game, which I thought I'd share with you.

The game is a remake of the popular iCopter, which was released some years ago.

In the game you play as a small, yellow helicopter, and you'll have to avoid the walls and stones coming your way.

The game still needs some debugging, so any help is appreciated. Also a mobile version will soon be avalible.

Play: dev.gustavgb.dk/games/copter/

Screenshots:

1.png

looks very nice, I played it and i like it, I looked and I learned new things, we develop 2 classic games too, in the last two months, see the post Super Bola and Tasilany., and we want build a new game, and what are you going to do for a mobile version.. because our next game is a bit similar...and we use requestNextAnimationFrame (polyfill function) for the main loop, this method is more millisecond precise i think, the browser assuredly knows better than we when to draw the next frame, setInterval and setTimeout dont know nothing about animation.

looks very nice, I played it and i like it, I looked and I learned new things, we develop 2 classic games too, in the last two months, see the post Super Bola and Tasilany., and we want build a new game, and what are you going to do for a mobile version.. because our next game is a bit similar...and we use requestNextAnimationFrame (polyfill function) for the main loop, this method is more millisecond precise i think, the browser assuredly knows better than we when to draw the next frame, setInterval and setTimeout dont know nothing about animation.

Nice that you like it!

For the mobile version I will use mouseup and mousedown listeners, working similar to how the spacebutton does right now.

I'm using setTimeout for the main loop, simply because I haven't had time to learn the other method ;-)

Nice one, 1935 score :D

Occasionally stuff like this happens: http://gyazo.com/016e1afbf06b41ceeb23d105330c4be2 but i guess you know about it.

What are you making this in btw ?

Thanks man, and yeah this glitch is what I meant by "debugging needed".

I'm coding al of my games from the scratch, pure javascript code, ya know? ;)

What do you use?

on my Firefox 26, I press space but nothing happened. When press R (restart) all done.

Apparently all of my games seems not to work in Firefox... Gotta fix that problem as soon as I find a solution ;)

EDIT: Seems to be working fine now, just installed firefox and I have no problems.