Bayou Island now released on Steam [PHASER]

fitness23

Hi there,

My last post was trying to get Bayou Island past Steam Greenlight. It passed and now Bayou island has now been released on Steam! This 'little' project has taken me nearly 2 years to complete.

bi.thumb.jpg.bddb474c8a2ea105030256c645a8c4f0.jpg

It is a Point and Click adventure game. Here's the link = http://bit.ly/2l8pcYy

Description: Help an unknown captain make his way through the mysterious Bayou Island and try to find a way back to his ship. Solve the various puzzles and talk with the island's inhabitants to uncover what is really going on. But is something sinister afoot? Who is telling the truth? Who can you really trust? Using your logic is the only way you're going to win. This has been made with the love and inspiration of the point and click adventure games of the 90s.

Features:

- Easy to use Point and Click user interface
- Gorgeous graphics
- Beautifully composed original music
- Easy to use controls
- Rich storyline which progresses when each puzzle is solved

Many thanks to all in the Pixi and Phaser community for helping me :)

Andrew.

Love the exotic island theme, congratulations! Could you tell us a little bit about your wrapper choice and the problems you had?  Have you used Electron, NW.js or something else?

23 hours ago, rich said:

Would you be willing to do a write-up of how it all went? (maybe once it has been out a few months?)

Hi @rich,

Yes of course. I'm finding it useful to document stuff like this so I remember for next time haha. I'll wait a few more weeks and write back on this post.

22 hours ago, Tua said:

Love the exotic island theme, congratulations! Could you tell us a little bit about your wrapper choice and the problems you had?  Have you used Electron, NW.js or something else?

Hi @Tua,

Thanks very much for your lovely comments. You've encouraged me to do a quick write up of my experience so far so I've written a quick article here = http://www.andy-howard.com/phaser-to-steam/

Main points were that I used nw.js to make the exe file. There are a few things to be aware of such as the icons going a bit strange and the fullscreen mode but I hope it's helpful :) Are you making an exe file yourself?