LGV

action-adventure
[GREENLIGHT] Relic : Tale of the Undead Princess, retro 2D action-adventure

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am here to present Relic : Tale of the Undead Princess, a retro 2D action-adventure game. On the menu : Greenlight, trailers, playable demo and upcoming release !

1489082584-relicgif.gif

• OVERVIEW

The princess is dead... But she is back ! The last hope against evil forces. Help her explore the realm and succeed where all heroes have failed.

Relic : Tale of the Undead Princess is a retro 2D action-adventure game, with a fine blend of exploration, puzzles, secrets and challenges !

• GREENLIGHT

Support the Princess on Steam > Relic on Greenlight < 

I am not asking for "likes" it, but if you enjoy the concept and gameplay, a little help is always welcome. Thanks :)

More resources on the Steam Greenlight page : trailer, screenshots, features and playable demos.

• DEVELOPMENT

I work alone and I handle the programming, production, game design, level design, QA and misc art assets ; for everything else (main tilesheets, sprites, music) I license asset packs from artists and asset stores. Full detailed credits in the game.

- Estimated play time : 8~12h, depending on player experience and game completion
- Game size : ~200 playable screens
- Team : myself !
- Development time : ~1 year, from scratch
- Platforms : Windows 7/8/10, Linux (tested on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS)
- Release date : TBC ~ Spring 2017

• TOOLS

- Tech : The game is developed in TypeScript, using VSCode and SmartGit. It is using the Phaser engine, in its latest pre-CE version, 2.6.2. On top of which I add my own gameplay framework, a json data-driven Entity-Component-System architecture.
- Art & design : I'm using Pyxel for misc pixel art and Tiled for the level design.
- Production : handled with Trello and Toggl, plus a collection of ad-hoc prod assets.
- Shipping : The application is packaged with NW.js to deploy as a desktop executable.

Thanks for reading - I hope you will enjoy Relic : Tale of the Undead Princess !

Otho and Tom Atom like this

6 hours ago, pinoygamegeek said:

Inspiring for a single person. Good luck!

Thanks, much appreciated :) We'll see how things go in terms of "greenlight-ing" !

Just noticed this on Greenlight and voted Yes :)

I really like the retro style and it looks like it would be a lot of fun to play. Good luck with it

On 3/16/2017 at 11:38 AM, Gio said:

Just noticed this on Greenlight and voted Yes :)

I really like the retro style and it looks like it would be a lot of fun to play. Good luck with it

Many thanks ! It's hard to keep a dynamic without a big community, so anything that helps is greatly appreciated :) The artists will be pleased about the art feedback !

8 hours ago, PixelPicoSean said:

Supported, good luck :)

BTW. I'm also making a Zelda-like with kinda open world in mind, your game is very inspiring.

Thanks, 'much appreciated ! If I am not mistaken, I believe we talked about game frameworks, ECS infrastructures, data-driven entities, etc. a while ago ; have you posted / presented your own project ? I'd love to have a look too !