How to display a thin outline of a rectangle shape sprite in Phaser?

caymanbruce

46 minutes ago, UncleAcid said:

Is lineStyle what you're looking for? http://phaser.io/docs/2.6.2/Phaser.Graphics.html#lineStyle Calling this before you call drawRect will result in a filled rectangle with an outline.

I use clear, lineStyle, drawRect and then endFill. and the parameters I use in drawRect is sprite.left, sprite.top, sprite.width, sprite.height. However when I scale the sprite it seems to only scale the texture/image attached to the sprite, the outline doesn't change with the scale.

53 minutes ago, caymanbruce said:

I use clear, lineStyle, drawRect and then endFill. and the parameters I use in drawRect is sprite.left, sprite.top, sprite.width, sprite.height. However when I scale the sprite it seems to only scale the texture/image attached to the sprite, the outline doesn't change with the scale.

Ah, gotcha. I'm not sure, but you could try generating a texture from your graphics object to create a sprite with, instead of just using the graphics object?

6 hours ago, caymanbruce said:

I use clear, lineStyle, drawRect and then endFill. and the parameters I use in drawRect is sprite.left, sprite.top, sprite.width, sprite.height.

That's the right way, you just have to redraw the graphic if the sprite changes size.