advice to a good ultraportable for coding in javascript

espace

hi,

first, i have a mac but i don't want this because i want linux easily on and i don't want to compromise the hard disk when I resell it.

I have make several research about a laptop for coding in javascript, but I would like to have real returns.

Do you have a model to recommend me ?

for me the best spec is :

• Does not heat
  • 13/14 pouces
  • ligthweight <= 1,6kg
  • good autonomy (min 8 hours)
  • good keyboard like mac
  • good trackpad like mac
  • processor  > min dualcore 
  • ram - min 2gb
  • hard disk > cloud so no need big data

thanks for your advice

2gb ram sounds awfully low, I'd recommend 8gb minimum, with a few browser tabs, editor tabs and a build process going on you need a bit of RAM, I'd also recommend a decent CPU, its just GPU you can skimp on. I'd also recommend an SSD, but all this stuff comes at a price. I can't get away from my Mac hardware but the Lenovo machines are very good quality and you can get the same spec for less than half the price of a new Mac.

I'm not sure why you'd prefer linux over OSX as they're fairly similar but you wouldn't compromise the HD by partitioning and dual booting linux, even if you made linux your primary.

Sounds like you'd want a chrome book though to be honest, the Pixel is made with your requirements in mind, although its not cheap (still cheap compared to the Mac you're using though).