Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MasterK

How to export Unity3D baked light texture???

10 posts in this topic

i used the old exporter. the exported materials mostly only have diffuseTexture.

And i should add lots of lights to scene. and it really down the performance.

How to export the baked light texture and make matreial has lightMapTexture or something else? 

I see the u3d-toolkits may have this function. But it seems too big to me. Is that a simple way to modify exportor code?

@MackeyK24

I can't explain i ping you almost everytime except you're nice@Deltakosh 

OK.

I should try u3d toolkit. and i tried.

there is baked light texture. but in my scene. all black...

Light Mapper Mode choose "Shadow Baking" can generate lightmap texture.

But the effect almost none... 

This is use realtime light. 

58d0aa0fec6dc_QQ20170321121807.thumb.png.fa1ea1ddada6f15ac15f5ae40c6e1987.png

and this is use baked lightMap. And i see no any effect of lightmap.

58d0aa3bb24fe_QQ20170321121946.thumb.png.29e24c3187e950090afeb513bc727366.png

And about prefab. i remove all except one prefab. and create instance in code. so these instances are whole black.

I wonder if the toolkit can handle prefab to create instance?? And the bake light can effect instance???

15 hours ago, MasterK said:

This is use realtime light.

and this is use baked lightMap. And i see no any effect of lightma

And about prefab. i remove all except one prefab. and create instance in code. so these instances are whole black.

I wonder if the toolkit can handle prefab to create instance?? And the bake light can effect instance???

Hey @MasterK how are you, I see the light maps, I'M having the same issues, when I bake try to bake just spot lights and put them as mix, I think  the mix mode bakes the lights for static meshes and also does real light  interaction on dynamics meshes please  @MackeyK24   confirm this info about he mix and bake options.

So Tonight I will delete my project folder because I think is reusing the light maps even when I disable the baking.

make sure you have this on for the light baking 

lightmap.JPG.06c8a78694413e024249c28f0c008e40.JPG

, and as soon as I figure how to light the rest of the stuff I will send you a sample fully baked, But the new toolkit will come soon with this fixes, Im stock on the documentation about this because Mackey had  change many things for better on the toolkit .

I think there's no way to solve the "prefab instance's(i created later) light problem".

So i give up use this bake light.

16 hours ago, MasterK said:

I think there's no way to solve the "prefab instance's(i created later) light problem".

So i give up use this bake light.

Hey man @MasterK I made it work last night, to fix it make sure anything you bring from unity  you change the shader to the speculator PBR also 

sahderBad.JPG.b89ca46e4fff5693725f12517bcddc75.JPG to shaderGood.JPG.eff359bcc8c1182e8479c47e103e5ff0.JPG and

make sure you have PRECOMPUTE Realtime GI off and all lights MIX no baking no real time MIX ... let me kn ow if that helps

precomputed.JPG.8d4ffc57be06656586cc091de90b9023.JPG

CandyLand3.thumb.PNG.92115569d637436fd48a39bdafb4c980.PNGCandyLand2.thumb.PNG.da38f30f65113ef779cd421dd8daf315.PNG

5 hours ago, Deltakosh said:

Did I mention that we desperately need a doc for that?

Yes, you did. 

Even a simple doc. just a few words about the toolkit usage. otherwise we dont know use toolkit to do what. 

And i think the exporter is the most important thing. to use whole toolkit function? left it to insane boys.

Thanks MrVR but i won't try it now...

Because the prefab---instance issue i think can't be solved.