AstroVault HTML5 mobile app

NotionGames

While I am knocking out the Team Notion game, I will be producing small html5 mobile apps with my partner Ben Ward. Trying our best to make some decent apps work on mobile so we are trying out some very simple ideas and expanding til we start seeing a dip in performance. 

Here's our first small HTML5 mobile project currently under heavy development, AstroVault. We plan to knock out 1 of these every week or two. 

IqSEKeJl.jpg

Progress video 1 (first 24 hours of development):

we still have to add in hazards, powerups and more. Let's hope we can squeeze all that in while maintaining a decent framerate on mobile devices...

(Andrew Augustin - Art, Ben Ward - programming)

The graphics are very nice and I like how everything looks.

There is one detail in this last video you've posted that doesn't look right to me, though. The "touch screen to play" menu has planets spinning in the background... it doesn't look right because as they spin their light source is also spinning. That's just me being nitpicky, though. Good luck with this project!

This game reminds me a lot of a flash game(called Sun Hop) that I played a while back, btw: http://www.gamesfree.com/game/sun_hop.html

i love the "planet gravity" thing, i always wanted to implement something similar into my game, my first remark for the last video update is to find a way to rotate the player relatively to the planet gravity (i think you can easily make it by calculating the distance between current planet and the next one, check the speed, and based on that rotate the dude, or maybe you found a better way to do it :D ? doesn't matter xD 

am waiting for this game, good luck

i love the "planet gravity" thing, i always wanted to implement something similar into my game, my first remark for the last video update is to find a way to rotate the player relatively to the planet gravity (i think you can easily make it by calculating the distance between current planet and the next one, check the speed, and based on that rotate the dude, or maybe you found a better way to do it :D ? doesn't matter xD 

am waiting for this game, good luck

Thank you for the advice. I won't lie, I'm not much of a programmer haha so I'm trying to figure it out as I go.