[Phaser] I'm making one new html5 game per week

lessmilk

Hello,

As a developer and a gamer I always wanted to make games, but I never actually did it. To change that I threw myself a public challenge: build a new html5 game every week using Phaser.

Link to all the games: www.lessmilk.com

The games are quite simple for now, but that's because I'm still learning. Let me know if you have any feedback, so I can increase the quality of my games over time. 

Thanks! :-)

post-6087-0-28162400-1397814614.png

Hi Thomas.

Awesome project! I like your games. :-)

I'm doing a similar project. My new year's resolution is to make a game prototype each week throughout 2014. I limit myself to only spend 6 hours per prototype, so they're like mini game jams. And my name is also Thomas. :-)

Good luck with your project! Looking forward to your next games.

--

Thomas

Hi Thomas.

Awesome project! I like your games. :-)

I'm doing a similar project. My new year's resolution is to make a game prototype each week throughout 2014. I limit myself to only spend 6 hours per prototype, so they're like mini game jams. And my name is also Thomas. :-)

Good luck with your project! Looking forward to your next games.

That's' awesome! Are you my evil tween? :-p Anyway I'll follow your progress too! 

---

I have a question for you guys: where do you think I can promote my website?
So far I've tried here and on reddit. Do you know any other forum/blog that might be interested in this sort of project? Thanks!

Not sure for other places but you can check all of the tutorial site if you write some article about the whole thing with basic explanations what game features are

implemented in each game (collision, animation, keyboard input, mouse input, rotation and so on).

Also I'm a fan your project and I've added all your games to the Phaser Game List at http://pgl.ilinov.eu/.

Not sure for other places but you can check all of the tutorial site if you write some article about the whole thing with basic explanations what game features are

implemented in each game (collision, animation, keyboard input, mouse input, rotation and so on).

Also I'm a fan your project and I've added all your games to the Phaser Game List at http://pgl.ilinov.eu/.

Awesome, thanks a lot! :-)

Nice job, I really loved #3 as well!

I'd love to see updates as to how your dev process and tools evolve as you progress through the year.

Thanks! Some people are asking for videos, other for tutorials, and some for process. All of this seems interesting to do, but I don't know yet what I'll end up actually doing.

Anyway if I do it I'll make it through my mailing list first, so make sure you're in it :-)

Nice simple mechanics... :)

On the shake thing when you stomp a penguin I have one suggestion. Make a background out of the game window light blue as the walls, and this way when screen shakes it's not going

to show some of the dark blue background and still will have the "earthquake"effect. :)

Keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback! :-)

Nice simple mechanics... :)

On the shake thing when you stomp a penguin I have one suggestion. Make a background out of the game window light blue as the walls, and this way when screen shakes it's not going

to show some of the dark blue background and still will have the "earthquake"effect. :)

Keep up the good work.

I actually tried that way first, but it became a lot more difficult to notice the shake effect.