Games promoting games

plicatibu

I see a lot of developers use free flash game to advertise their mobile games, they promote the mobile game in the flash game saying stuff like to get more levels, special features etc get the mobile version. So I'm guessing it must work pretty well. I am a bit confused by your mention of windows and linux version thought does that mean native executable for windows and linux using something like node-webkit? If so I don't think that would work as well as a simple html5 web version, as the user is required to download the game, it will be harder to get user to do that step. I would personally use a free html5 version of my game on the web to advertise a better paid mobile version for example.

I see a lot of developers use free flash game to advertise their mobile games, they promote the mobile game in the flash game saying stuff like to get more levels, special features etc get the mobile version. So I'm guessing it must work pretty well. I am a bit confused by your mention of windows and linux version thought does that mean native executable for windows and linux using something like node-webkit? If so I don't think that would work as well as a simple html5 web version, as the user is required to download the game, it will be harder to get user to do that step. I would personally use a free html5 version of my game on the web to advertise a better paid mobile version for example.

I wouldn't be so sure of that logic, getting players to cross over from desktop to mobile is difficult, in the majority of cases conversion is low. A lot of the flash developers are doing that as an attempt to get players to crossover but doesn't mean it is effective channel for them.